- 17 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 23 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Sports West Brom 1-2 Liverpool: Alisson keeps Reds' Champions League hopes alive
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
The compact SUV space is the most competitive segment in the Indian market. The leaderboard is subjected to change every month due to tough competition between the compact SUV models in the country.
According to the report from Autopunditz.com, the top 10 compact SUVs in India have recorded sales of over 58000 units in March 2021. This is a growth of 235 per cent as compared to the same month in the last year.
The percentage increase is due to the addition of new models in the segment. This includes Kia Sonet, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger.
First place in the top-10 leaderboard for compact-SUV sales in March 2021 is the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The SUV recorded 11,274 units last month — a growth of 104 per cent from its sales during the same month last year, which stood at 5,513 units.
Finishing in the second spot on the leaderboard is the Hyundai Venue. It registered a total sales of 10,722 units in the previous month. This is an increase of 75 per cent over the 6, 127 units of sales registered during the same period for the last year.
The third spot on the leaderboard is taken by the Tata Nexon. The SUV outsold the Kia Sonet to take third place last month. The Tata Nexon registered total sales of 8,683 units on March 2021, which is an increase of 228 per cent from the SUV sales registered in March 2020.
The Kia Sonet is placed fourth on the compact SUV sales leaderboard for March 2021. It registered a sales of 8,498 units in the last month. Despite being in the fourth spot, the Kia Sonet managed to register positive monthly growth of 6 per cent. The sales of the SUV stood at 7,997 unit in February 2021.
The Ford Ecosport has seen a sharp increase in its sales and finishes in fifth place on the leaderboard. This could be due to the introduction of the new revised SE model of the compact SUV. The EcoSport registered total sales of 5,487 units in March 2021, which is an annual growth of 150 per cent as compared to the same month last year.
|1||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,274||5,513||104|
|7||Toyota Urban Cruiser||3,162||0||-|
Finishing in sixth and seventh position on the leaderboard is the Renualt Kiger and the Toyota Urban Cruiser, respectively. The Renualt Kiger has registered a total of 3,839 units, while Toyota sold 3,162 units of the Urban Cruiser. Both have registered a positive monthly growth of 19% and 24% in March 2021 as compared to sales in February 2021, respectively.
The latest sensation in the compact-SUV segment, the Nissan Magnite takes the eighth spot on the leaderboard. The Magnite registers 2,987 units in sales in March 2021. This is only 4 units less than the sales registered in February 2021. The company-SUV has bagged over 30,000 bookings since its launch in the Indian market.
The Mahindra XUV300 and the Honda WR-V complete the top-ten list. The XUV300 has registered 2,587 units in sales in the last month. Although SUV has registered an annual growth of 218%, it fails to register a Month-on-Month growth.
The Honda WR-V, on the other hand, registered an 86 per cent annual growth with 978 units of sales in March 2021, compared to just 86 units last year. The XUV300 and the Honda WR-V are among the very few models that are offered in both petrol and diesel engine options.
Thoughts About The Top-Selling Compact-SUVs In India In March 2021
The compact-SUV segment is the most competitive space in the Indian market. Despite being available in both diesel and petrol engine options, the Mahindra XUV300 and the Honda WR-V is at the bottom of the leaderboard. However, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza with petrol-only powertrain option tops the leaderboard.