- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment in the Indian market is extremely competitive, with multiple new products from various brands being introduced consistently. According to reports from Autopunditz.com, the segment is said to have contributed to 18 per cent of the total passenger vehicle sales in India last month. Also, the compact-SUV segment has grown by a massive 90 per cent in January 2021, compared to its sales during the same month in 2020.
Among all the models on offer in the segment, the Hyundai Venue has managed to take the top-slot, registering the highest sales figures compared to its competitors. The SUV in January 2021 recorded 11,779 units of sales in India'; a 75 per cent hike from its sales during the same month last year, which stood at 6,733 units.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza takes the second position on the list. The compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki registered 10,623 units in the previous month. This is a 5 per cent hike compared to its sales in January 2020, which recorded similar 10,134 units.
Completing the top-three is the Kia Sonet. The compact-SUV offering from the South Korean carmaker registered 8,859 units of sales in January 2021. The Sonet has been a major success for Kia Motors India, bringing in consistent volume sales month-on-month, since its launch last year.
Sales of the Tata Nexon have really picked up since its facelift version was introduced in India last year. The updated Nexon SUV featuring significant changes both inside and out, registered a 143 per cent growth in its yearly sales comparison. Sales of the compact-SUV increased from 3,382 units last January to 8,225 units last month.
The Mahindra XUV300 completes the top-five. The compact-SUV offering from the homegrown carmaker comes with a host of features, equipment and strong performing petrol and diesel engine options. This has allowed the XUV300 to register a 37 per cent growth from 3,360 units to 4,612 units in January 2021.
|2||Maruti Vitara Brezza||10,623||10,134||5|
|7||Toyota Urban Cruiser||3,005||0||-|
The newest addition to the compact-SUV segment, the Nissan Magnite comes in sixth place with 3031 units of sales in January 2021. The Magnite has been a runaway success for the brand, with the SUV now commanding a waiting time of 6 - 8 months, due to its high demand.
Another new model in the segment is the Toyota Urban Cruiser - the second product to be introduced from the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in India. The Urban Cruiser, which is essentially a reworked Maruti Vitara Brezza registered 3,005 units of sales in the previous month.
The Ford EcoSport, Honda WR-V and the Mahindra TUV300 complete the top-ten list. The Ford EcoSport registered 2,266 units of sales, marking a decline of 41 per cent.
The Honda WR-V, on the other hand, registered a 944 per cent increase with 1,211 units of sales in January 2021, compared to just 116 units last year. The TUV300, however, has been discontinued and hence registered 0 units of sales in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Compact-SUVs In India In January 2021
The compact-SUV category is one of the most competitive and popular segments in the Indian four-wheeler market. The coming months could further see a revision, especially with the arrival of the Renault Kiger.