- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News Sensex surges over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 14,680
- Technology Oppo F19 Pro, F19 Pro+ 5G With Punch-Hole Display Listed On Amazon India
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment in the Indian market is extremely competitive, with multiple new products from various brands being introduced consistently. According to reports from Autopunditz.com, the segment is said to have contributed to 18 per cent of the total passenger vehicle sales in India last month. Also, the compact-SUV segment has grown by a massive 90 per cent in January 2021, compared to its sales during the same month in 2020.
Among all the models on offer in the segment, the Hyundai Venue has managed to take the top-slot, registering the highest sales figures compared to its competitors. The SUV in January 2021 recorded 11,779 units of sales in India'; a 75 per cent hike from its sales during the same month last year, which stood at 6,733 units.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza takes the second position on the list. The compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki registered 10,623 units in the previous month. This is a 5 per cent hike compared to its sales in January 2020, which recorded similar 10,134 units.
Completing the top-three is the Kia Sonet. The compact-SUV offering from the South Korean carmaker registered 8,859 units of sales in January 2021. The Sonet has been a major success for Kia Motors India, bringing in consistent volume sales month-on-month, since its launch last year.
Sales of the Tata Nexon have really picked up since its facelift version was introduced in India last year. The updated Nexon SUV featuring significant changes both inside and out, registered a 143 per cent growth in its yearly sales comparison. Sales of the compact-SUV increased from 3,382 units last January to 8,225 units last month.
The Mahindra XUV300 completes the top-five. The compact-SUV offering from the homegrown carmaker comes with a host of features, equipment and strong performing petrol and diesel engine options. This has allowed the XUV300 to register a 37 per cent growth from 3,360 units to 4,612 units in January 2021.
|2||Maruti Vitara Brezza||10,623||10,134||5|
|7||Toyota Urban Cruiser||3,005||0||-|
The newest addition to the compact-SUV segment, the Nissan Magnite comes in sixth place with 3031 units of sales in January 2021. The Magnite has been a runaway success for the brand, with the SUV now commanding a waiting time of 6 - 8 months, due to its high demand.
Another new model in the segment is the Toyota Urban Cruiser - the second product to be introduced from the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in India. The Urban Cruiser, which is essentially a reworked Maruti Vitara Brezza registered 3,005 units of sales in the previous month.
The Ford EcoSport, Honda WR-V and the Mahindra TUV300 complete the top-ten list. The Ford EcoSport registered 2,266 units of sales, marking a decline of 41 per cent.
The Honda WR-V, on the other hand, registered a 944 per cent increase with 1,211 units of sales in January 2021, compared to just 116 units last year. The TUV300, however, has been discontinued and hence registered 0 units of sales in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Compact-SUVs In India In January 2021
The compact-SUV category is one of the most competitive and popular segments in the Indian four-wheeler market. The coming months could further see a revision, especially with the arrival of the Renault Kiger.