- Movies Janhvi Kapoor On Shooting For Helen Remake: We Had One Schedule Which Broke Me Physically & Mentally
- News Kerala Woman to face trial for abetting suicide of man falsely accused of impregnating her
- Finance Is Investing in Cryptocurrency Better Than Investing in Gold?
- Sports UFC 267: Blachowicz vs. Teixeira fight card, date, timings in IST, telecast and live streaming information
- Technology Huawei FreeBuds 4i TWS Earbuds With 10 Hours Battery, ANC Goes Official In India; Price, Sale & Offers
- Education DUET Answer Key 2021 Released By NTA For MPhil, PhD Exams, Raise Objections Till October 27
- Lifestyle New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
The list of India's top-selling cars for the month of December 2020 has been revealed. The list is yet again dominated by Maruti Suzuki, occupying seven of the top-10 slots; Hyundai being the only other brand to enter the list.
Among the many on the list, the Maruti Suzuki Alto takes the top-slot, registering the highest sales figures for the month of December 2020. The entry-level hatchback recorded 18,140 units of sales, which is a 17 per cent growth compared to its sales in the same month last year.
Second on the list is the popular Maruti Suzuki Swift. The hatchback missed out on the top spot by just 9 units, with 18,131 units last month. This is, however, significant growth of 23 per cent compared to December 2019, when it registered 14,749 units.
Maruti Suzuki's premium hatchback model, the Baleno registered 18,030 units of sales in December 2020, to occupy the third position on the list. However, this is a marginal decline in yearly sales, which was slightly higher at 18,464 units in December 2019.
Fourth on the list is the WagonR hatchback. The tall boy hatchback from Maruti Suzuki registered 17,684 units of sales last month. This is a massive 64 per cent growth in sales for the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, which had registered 10,781 units of sales during the same month in 2019.
Completing the top-five on the list is India's best-selling sedan, the Dzire. Sales of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire compact-sedan has fallen in its yearly comparison by 9 per cent. The Dzire sedan which registered 15,286 units in December 2019 has reduced to 13,868 units in the previous month.
|7||Maruti Vitara Brezza||12,251||13,658||-10|
|10||Hyundai Grand i10||10,263||7,598||35|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
Hyundai is the only other manufacturer which manages to break into the top-10 every month. The Hyundai Venue in December 2020 occupied the sixth position with 12,313 units of sales. The Venue compact-SUV overtook its larger Creta sibling, to not only become the brand's best-seller, but also the top-selling SUV in the Indian market for December 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza sales in December 2020 stood at 12,251 units. This is, however, a decline in its yearly sales by 10 per cent; dropping from 13,658 units during the same month of 2019.
The Maruti Eeco is the eighth and final model from the brand in the top-10 list. The Eeco MPV registered 11,215 units of sales last month, which is a 48 per cent increase from December 2019 sales, which was a little over 7,600 units.
The bottom two on the list are the Hyundai Creta with 10,592 units and the Grand i10 NIOS with 10,263 units of sales for the month of December 2020.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For December 2020
The month of December 2020 has witnessed a number of shuffles and updates in the Indian car market. From Alto regaining the top slot to the Hyundai Venue outselling its larger sibling, the Creta.