- 6 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 8 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 8 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News COVID-19 second wave: Most of India should remain under lockdown for 6-8 weeks, says ICMR chief
- Movies Eid 2021: 5 Bollywood Songs Dedicated To Allah That Will Work As Prayer And Will Bring Peace To Your Mind
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
The list of India's top-selling cars for the month of December 2020 has been revealed. The list is yet again dominated by Maruti Suzuki, occupying seven of the top-10 slots; Hyundai being the only other brand to enter the list.
Among the many on the list, the Maruti Suzuki Alto takes the top-slot, registering the highest sales figures for the month of December 2020. The entry-level hatchback recorded 18,140 units of sales, which is a 17 per cent growth compared to its sales in the same month last year.
Second on the list is the popular Maruti Suzuki Swift. The hatchback missed out on the top spot by just 9 units, with 18,131 units last month. This is, however, significant growth of 23 per cent compared to December 2019, when it registered 14,749 units.
Maruti Suzuki's premium hatchback model, the Baleno registered 18,030 units of sales in December 2020, to occupy the third position on the list. However, this is a marginal decline in yearly sales, which was slightly higher at 18,464 units in December 2019.
Fourth on the list is the WagonR hatchback. The tall boy hatchback from Maruti Suzuki registered 17,684 units of sales last month. This is a massive 64 per cent growth in sales for the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, which had registered 10,781 units of sales during the same month in 2019.
Completing the top-five on the list is India's best-selling sedan, the Dzire. Sales of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire compact-sedan has fallen in its yearly comparison by 9 per cent. The Dzire sedan which registered 15,286 units in December 2019 has reduced to 13,868 units in the previous month.
|7||Maruti Vitara Brezza||12,251||13,658||-10|
|10||Hyundai Grand i10||10,263||7,598||35|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
Hyundai is the only other manufacturer which manages to break into the top-10 every month. The Hyundai Venue in December 2020 occupied the sixth position with 12,313 units of sales. The Venue compact-SUV overtook its larger Creta sibling, to not only become the brand's best-seller, but also the top-selling SUV in the Indian market for December 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza sales in December 2020 stood at 12,251 units. This is, however, a decline in its yearly sales by 10 per cent; dropping from 13,658 units during the same month of 2019.
The Maruti Eeco is the eighth and final model from the brand in the top-10 list. The Eeco MPV registered 11,215 units of sales last month, which is a 48 per cent increase from December 2019 sales, which was a little over 7,600 units.
The bottom two on the list are the Hyundai Creta with 10,592 units and the Grand i10 NIOS with 10,263 units of sales for the month of December 2020.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For December 2020
The month of December 2020 has witnessed a number of shuffles and updates in the Indian car market. From Alto regaining the top slot to the Hyundai Venue outselling its larger sibling, the Creta.