- 33 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Sports There was no way we could stay in Pakistan after receiving credible threat: NZC CEO White
- News Punjab Congress crisis: CLP meeting deferred; Announcement on Amarinder Singh’s successor today
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Tokyo Motor Show has been cancelled for this year. The organizers from the auto show have decided to cancel the event this year due to the rising Covid-19 cases in the country. The Japanese Government will be announcing the state of emergency for the third time in Tokyo because of the pandemic.
The Toyko Motor Show biennial event has been hosted continuously since its debut in 1954. The auto show has become an important platform for auto manufacturers across the world to showcased their latest innovations and products.
The previous auto show in the year 2019 saw over 1.3 million visitors attending the event. However, this year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the organizers felt that the safety of these visitors cannot be assured. As a result, the auto show was decided to be cancelled.
Akyo Toyoda, head of the Association of Japanese Car Manufacturers (JMA), said, "We have concluded that it will be difficult to offer our main programs where many visitors get to experience attractive features of mobility in a safe environment. The Tokyo auto show showcases motorbikes, minicars, large vehicles, passenger cars, as well as mobility vehicles of other industries."
He further added, "As such, we would like to prioritise having visitors experience these vehicles in the real world, and we would rather hold the event in the real world, not virtually. So, we have decided to cancel the event. The next time, we would like to hold an improved event to be called Tokyo Mobility Show. We would like to ask for your continued support."
The Tokyo Motor Show will be rebranded as the Tokyo Mobility Show. The rebranding is done to support various forms of transport solutions being developed across the world.
Japan is home to some of the biggest brands in the automotive world. As a result, the Tokyo Motor Show was in its full glory every time it took the stage. However, due to the automotive boom in the Chinese markets, the focus has been now shifted to the motor shows held in China.
Thoughts About The Tokyo Motor Show Cancelled For The First Time Since Inception
The ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic continues to affect major events and shows across the world this year as well. The Tokyo Motor Show has been cancelled to ensure the safety of visitors at the event. However, the auto show will come back strong and with a new name as well.