- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 18 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 22 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Movies Shilpa Shetty Shares A Positive Social Media Post After Husband Raj Kundra Gets Bail
- News Fake job racket: Delhi cops book two IB officers
- Education International Day of Peace 2021: Know Why World Peace Day Is Celebrated
- Sports Petchdam plans to stop Taiki Naito, eyes ONE Flyweight Muay Thai champ Rodtang
- Finance Paras Defence IPO: Should You Subscribe?
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- Technology Amazon Sony Google TV Quiz Answers: Win Sony Bravia 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Google TV
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
The production of the Tesla Model S Plaid + has been canceled. A tweet by Elon Musk has confirmed that the production of the much-awaited Plaid + has been canceled. The Model S Plaid + was expected to be the longest range Tesla car yet, but the CEO of Tesla has now tweeted, "Plaid+ is canceled. No need, as Plaid is just so good."
For many years now, Tesla has been at the forefront of the electric car revolution. With cars like the Model S, Model Y, Model 3, Model X and their sub-variants, Tesla has changed everyone's perception of electric cars.
Tesla's electric cars have shattered all prejudices against electric cars by offering unprecedented levels of style, performance, comfort, technology and range, all rolled into one package. The Tesla Model S is probably the most well-known model in the Tesla range.
Tesla has so far produced many iterations of the Model S. The most basic variant was the 40kWh model that produced 382bhp and had a range of around 224 kilometres. The fastest model produced by Tesla was the Model S P100D with the ludicrous mode.
It produced around 762bhp and upto 1,373Nm and could do 0-100km/h in just 2.4 seconds. It had a range of 671 kilometres. The Model S Raven (Long Range Plus) had a range of around 713 kilometres. However, Tesla had planned the Plaid+ model with a longer range.
The Tesla Model S Plaid is set to be the fastest accelerating version of the Model S yet. However, Tesla also revealed that it was working on a variant with a longer range. This variant was called the Plaid+.
Tesla revealed the Model S Plaid+ during the company's Battery Day event in 2020. It was said to have an official range of around 836 kilometres and was set to hit the production lines this year. However, production of the model was postponed to 2022.
Now, a tweet by Tesla's CEO Elon Musk has revealed that plans for production of the Plaid+ model have been shoved. He put out two tweets earlier today. The first tweet said, "Model S goes to Plaid speed this week." This signals the sheer speed of the Plaid.
A few days earlier, Tesla listed the official performance figures of the Model S Plaid. It has an official quarter mile time of 9.23 seconds and clocked a trap speed of 249.5km/h. It is said to have a range of around 627 kilometres. The 0-100km/h run is done in just 1.99 seconds, making it the fastest accelerating sedan in the world.
The second tweet by Elon Musk was, "Plaid+ is canceled. No need, as Plaid is just so good." This puts an end to the ultra-long-range Tesla Model S Plaid+. However, when the Plaid is not being pushed to offer spine-chilling performance, it could just offer a longer range than claimed. Meanwhile, in India, Tesla is setting up shop and is expected to start testing its cars soon.
Thoughts On Tesla Model S Plaid+ Being Canceled
Tesla is one of those brands that knows its business. Its CEO Elon Musk is one of the most-intelligent prodigies in the modern age and together, they seem to have taken the decision to call off the production of the Model S Plaid+. We can't complain, but we certainly are in awe of the sheer performance offered by the Model S Plaid.