- 7 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 19 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 22 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 24 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Pradhan says Cong-ruled states should cut tax on petrol, diesel; mum on high taxes in BJP-ruled states
- Sports UFC 263 results and recap: Adesanya retains title; Moreno takes flyweight title by submission
- Finance 5 Best NFT Crypto Coin Protocols By Market Capitalization 2021
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The production of the Tesla Model S Plaid + has been canceled. A tweet by Elon Musk has confirmed that the production of the much-awaited Plaid + has been canceled. The Model S Plaid + was expected to be the longest range Tesla car yet, but the CEO of Tesla has now tweeted, "Plaid+ is canceled. No need, as Plaid is just so good."
For many years now, Tesla has been at the forefront of the electric car revolution. With cars like the Model S, Model Y, Model 3, Model X and their sub-variants, Tesla has changed everyone's perception of electric cars.
Tesla's electric cars have shattered all prejudices against electric cars by offering unprecedented levels of style, performance, comfort, technology and range, all rolled into one package. The Tesla Model S is probably the most well-known model in the Tesla range.
Tesla has so far produced many iterations of the Model S. The most basic variant was the 40kWh model that produced 382bhp and had a range of around 224 kilometres. The fastest model produced by Tesla was the Model S P100D with the ludicrous mode.
It produced around 762bhp and upto 1,373Nm and could do 0-100km/h in just 2.4 seconds. It had a range of 671 kilometres. The Model S Raven (Long Range Plus) had a range of around 713 kilometres. However, Tesla had planned the Plaid+ model with a longer range.
The Tesla Model S Plaid is set to be the fastest accelerating version of the Model S yet. However, Tesla also revealed that it was working on a variant with a longer range. This variant was called the Plaid+.
Tesla revealed the Model S Plaid+ during the company's Battery Day event in 2020. It was said to have an official range of around 836 kilometres and was set to hit the production lines this year. However, production of the model was postponed to 2022.
Now, a tweet by Tesla's CEO Elon Musk has revealed that plans for production of the Plaid+ model have been shoved. He put out two tweets earlier today. The first tweet said, "Model S goes to Plaid speed this week." This signals the sheer speed of the Plaid.
A few days earlier, Tesla listed the official performance figures of the Model S Plaid. It has an official quarter mile time of 9.23 seconds and clocked a trap speed of 249.5km/h. It is said to have a range of around 627 kilometres. The 0-100km/h run is done in just 1.99 seconds, making it the fastest accelerating sedan in the world.
The second tweet by Elon Musk was, "Plaid+ is canceled. No need, as Plaid is just so good." This puts an end to the ultra-long-range Tesla Model S Plaid+. However, when the Plaid is not being pushed to offer spine-chilling performance, it could just offer a longer range than claimed. Meanwhile, in India, Tesla is setting up shop and is expected to start testing its cars soon.
Thoughts On Tesla Model S Plaid+ Being Canceled
Tesla is one of those brands that knows its business. Its CEO Elon Musk is one of the most-intelligent prodigies in the modern age and together, they seem to have taken the decision to call off the production of the Model S Plaid+. We can't complain, but we certainly are in awe of the sheer performance offered by the Model S Plaid.