- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports NZC shift matches against Australian men, England women to Wellington
- News Sensex surges over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 14,680
- Technology Oppo F19 Pro, F19 Pro+ 5G With Punch-Hole Display Listed On Amazon India
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
It is no surprise that the America-based electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Inc., is gearing up to commence its operations in India. The company aims to cater to the growing to demand electric vehicles in the country.
However, some more details have come to the light. In a recent press conference, the Chief Minister of Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa has confirmed to PTI that Tesla will also be setting up a manufacturing facility in the State of Karnataka. However, the location and more details are yet to be known.
With a manufacturing facility in India, the Tesla electric cars will get more affordable as it will enable the company to bring them via the CKD route. This will help reduce the import taxes, which in turn reduces the retail price of Tesla cars.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED". The company has also appointed three directors for the R&D office Vaibhav Taneja, Venkatrangam Sreeram and David Jon Feinstein. They were appointed on January 8, 2021, for the newly set up office by the company.
At the time, the Chief Minister of Karnataka tweeted tagging Elon Musk stating Karnataka will lead India's journey towards Green Mobility. Electric Vehicle Manufacturer Tesla will soon start its operations in India with an R&D unit in Bengaluru.
Tesla started accepting booking for Model 3 back in the year 2016. However, due to the EV policies and import duties, the launch has been delayed in the country. Back in 2016, there were a few customers from India who booked the electric car. This includes Vijay Sekhar Sharma founder of PayTM, Vishal Gondal of GOQii and Sujayath Ali from Voonik; among others.
Tesla would start its electric car sales by bringing its most affordable vehicle, the Model 3. The electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
Thoughts About The Tesla To Setup Manufacturing Plant In Karnataka
With the manufacturing facility, the Tesla electric vehicles can be imported into the Indian market via the CKD route, which will make it more affordable. Once launched, the Tesla Model 3 will go up against the like of the Jaguar I-Pace, Mercedes-Benz EQC and the upcoming Audi e-Tron SUV and the Volvo XC-40 Recharge, all of which cater to the premium-luxury and performance electric vehicle segment in India.