- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 16 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- News Narendra Giri death: It’s not his handwriting in suicide note, claims Niranjani Akhara chief
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
It is no surprise that the America-based electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Inc., is gearing up to commence its operations in India. The company aims to cater to the growing to demand electric vehicles in the country.
However, some more details have come to the light. In a recent press conference, the Chief Minister of Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa has confirmed to PTI that Tesla will also be setting up a manufacturing facility in the State of Karnataka. However, the location and more details are yet to be known.
With a manufacturing facility in India, the Tesla electric cars will get more affordable as it will enable the company to bring them via the CKD route. This will help reduce the import taxes, which in turn reduces the retail price of Tesla cars.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED". The company has also appointed three directors for the R&D office Vaibhav Taneja, Venkatrangam Sreeram and David Jon Feinstein. They were appointed on January 8, 2021, for the newly set up office by the company.
At the time, the Chief Minister of Karnataka tweeted tagging Elon Musk stating Karnataka will lead India's journey towards Green Mobility. Electric Vehicle Manufacturer Tesla will soon start its operations in India with an R&D unit in Bengaluru.
Tesla started accepting booking for Model 3 back in the year 2016. However, due to the EV policies and import duties, the launch has been delayed in the country. Back in 2016, there were a few customers from India who booked the electric car. This includes Vijay Sekhar Sharma founder of PayTM, Vishal Gondal of GOQii and Sujayath Ali from Voonik; among others.
Tesla would start its electric car sales by bringing its most affordable vehicle, the Model 3. The electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
Thoughts About The Tesla To Setup Manufacturing Plant In Karnataka
With the manufacturing facility, the Tesla electric vehicles can be imported into the Indian market via the CKD route, which will make it more affordable. Once launched, the Tesla Model 3 will go up against the like of the Jaguar I-Pace, Mercedes-Benz EQC and the upcoming Audi e-Tron SUV and the Volvo XC-40 Recharge, all of which cater to the premium-luxury and performance electric vehicle segment in India.