- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
It is no surprise that the America-based electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Inc., is gearing up to commence its operations in India. The company aims to cater to the growing to demand electric vehicles in the country.
However, some more details have come to the light. In a recent press conference, the Chief Minister of Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa has confirmed to PTI that Tesla will also be setting up a manufacturing facility in the State of Karnataka. However, the location and more details are yet to be known.
With a manufacturing facility in India, the Tesla electric cars will get more affordable as it will enable the company to bring them via the CKD route. This will help reduce the import taxes, which in turn reduces the retail price of Tesla cars.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED". The company has also appointed three directors for the R&D office Vaibhav Taneja, Venkatrangam Sreeram and David Jon Feinstein. They were appointed on January 8, 2021, for the newly set up office by the company.
At the time, the Chief Minister of Karnataka tweeted tagging Elon Musk stating Karnataka will lead India's journey towards Green Mobility. Electric Vehicle Manufacturer Tesla will soon start its operations in India with an R&D unit in Bengaluru.
Tesla started accepting booking for Model 3 back in the year 2016. However, due to the EV policies and import duties, the launch has been delayed in the country. Back in 2016, there were a few customers from India who booked the electric car. This includes Vijay Sekhar Sharma founder of PayTM, Vishal Gondal of GOQii and Sujayath Ali from Voonik; among others.
Tesla would start its electric car sales by bringing its most affordable vehicle, the Model 3. The electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
Thoughts About The Tesla To Setup Manufacturing Plant In Karnataka
With the manufacturing facility, the Tesla electric vehicles can be imported into the Indian market via the CKD route, which will make it more affordable. Once launched, the Tesla Model 3 will go up against the like of the Jaguar I-Pace, Mercedes-Benz EQC and the upcoming Audi e-Tron SUV and the Volvo XC-40 Recharge, all of which cater to the premium-luxury and performance electric vehicle segment in India.