- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 12 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 16 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- News PM to address UNGA, to hold first face-to-face meeting with President Biden
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Tata Motors has announced that it has delivered an undisclosed number of Tigor EV sedans to Goa's Department of New & Renewable Energy (DNRE). The deployment of the Tigor EVs in Goa is said to be part of the brand's tender with Energy Efficiency Solutions Ltd (EESL) — a government-owned organisation.
The company recently held a handover ceremony, which was presided by Pramod Pandurang Sawant (Chief Minister of Goa), Nilesh Cabral (Minister of Power, Environmental, Non-Conventional Source of Energy & Law & Judiciary), Rajesh Tulshidas Patnekar (Speaker, Legislative Assembly of Goa) and Pairmal Rai (Chief Secretary, Govt. of Goa); among other senior ministers.
The company is said to be working closely with its other Group companies such as Tata Power, Tata Chemicals, Tata Auto components, Tata Motors Finance and others to create an e-mobility ecosystem, called the ‘Tata uniEverse'. Tata Motors hopes that this ecosystem will allow and encourage the faster adoption of EVs in the country.
Talking about the electric compact-sedan, the Tata Tigor EV was one of the first fully-electric offerings from the brand to go on sale in the Indian market.
The sedan comes powered by a 21.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack, mated to an electric motor producing 40bhp and 105Nm of peak torque. Depending on the variant selected, the Tata Tigor EV offers a range of either 140km or 213km on a single charge.
The Tata Tigor EV is mainly manufactured mainly for commercial and fleet operations. The car is not available for private buyers, although the company has tied up with Zoomcars, making it available for private customers on a rental basis.
The sedan is offered in three variants: XE+, XM+ and XT+. Prices for the electric sedan starts from Rs 9.58 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 9.90 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi) and include the FAME incentive from the government. The electric sedan is currently available in six cities across India: Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata.
Thoughts On The Tata Tigor EVs Delivered To Goa's DNRE
Tata Motors has been delivering Tigor EVs in phased manners as part of its tender with EESL, signed back in 2017. The company currently also has on offer, the Nexon EV in the segment, which has been accepted extremely well in the Indian market.