- 2 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 5 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 6 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 8 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- Movies Dia Mirza Remembers The Trauma Of Her Son Avyaan's Premature Delivery In Her Flashback Friday Post
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S22 Series Charging Speed Revealed Ahead Of Feb 9 Launch; Support Up To 45W Charging
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Telugu Titans vs Bengal Warriors Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Finance 1 AMC & 1 HFC Stock To Buy For Up To 30% Gains: Yes Securities
- News RRB NTPC & Level 1 Exam: How to raise suggestions, concerns
- Lifestyle NeoCov: Wuhan Scientists Warn of New Coronavirus Strain With High Death, Infection Rate
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Bihar In Winter Of 2022
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
Tata Motors has unveiled the Tigor EV powered by the brand's Ziptron high voltage architecture. The company will be launching the Tigor EV on August 31, 2021. Bookings for the Tigor EV are being accepted at select dealerships for a token amount of Rs 21,000 across the country.
It is the second model from the brand to feature this technology, which enables the compact sedan to feature enhanced range and fast charging technology. The 2021 Tigor EV specs have been improved by the inclusion of the Ziptron powertrain.
- Electric motor: 55kW
- Battery pack: 26kWh
- Battery type: Lithium-ion
- Peak torque: 170Nm
- Acceleration: 5.7 seconds
- Range (expected): 250 kilometers
- Fast charging time: 1 hour (0 to 80%)
- Normal charging time: 8.5hours (0 to 100%)
The Tigor EV Ziptron will also undergo a host of changes inside and out. It will most likely carry over all the exterior design changes made to the Xpres-T model. This includes:
- New headlamps
- New front grille with a tri-arrow design
- Redesigned taillamps
- Coloured accents
- New alloy wheels
Interior & Technology
On the inside, the new Tigor EV could be revamped with new upholstery with contrast stitching on the seats, dashboard and door panels. It could also feature coloured accents to match the exterior giving the cabin a modern look.
The electric sedan will continue to come other features. This includes:
- Touchscreen infotainment system
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Climate control
- IRA connected technology
- 30+ connected features
- Mobile charging ports
- Rear AC vents
- Steering mounted controls
- Cruise control
- 316-litre boot space
Tata cars are known to be the safest in the industry and the new Tigor EV will be no different. It will most likely borrow all the safety features from its ICE powered counterpart. This includes:
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Stability control
- ISOFIX child-seat anchors
- Seat-belt reminder
Regarding the warranty, the company is offering an IP67 rated battery pack. The company is also offering 8-year and 1,60,000km battery warranty.
According to Mr Vivek Srivatsa, Head-Marketing, Passenger and Electric Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, "The last few years belonged to the early adopters of EV in India but now it is the time of early majority to move to EV. With an immensely successful experience with the Nexon EV, we can confidently state that EVs are rapidly becoming mainstream. The EV market has reached an inflection point and we need to cater to diverse customer needs and democratize the EV market further with another accessible and contemporary EV product. We are ecstatic to unveil our second electric car in the personal segment. With the all-new Tigor EV we want to lead this evolution to mainstream EVs in India with a message to all automotive enthusiasts to Evolve to Electric."
Mr. Anand Kulkarni, Vice President, Product Line, Electric Vehicle and ALFA Architecture – Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, said, "Built on 5 strong pillars of Performance, Technology, Reliability, Charging and Comfort, the Ziptron technology has enabled Tata Motors to dispel, to a large degree, the popular myths surrounding the EVs today with respect to power, monsoon usage, reliability, suitability for long distance driving, frequency of charging and so on. With growing demand for EVs, it is imperative to offer a choice of EV options to customers who want to switch to electric and we are delighted to extend the high voltage Ziptron EV architecture to our second offering in the personal EV segment - the Tigor EV."
Thoughts About The Tata Tigor EV Ziptron Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch
The Ziptron technology will enhance the performance of the electric sedan and give it a premium feel and appeal. Once launched, the Tata Tigor EV Ziptron could be the most affordable electric four-wheeler available for private buyers in the country. The Tigor EV Ziptron could be priced starting at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.