- 29 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Tata Motors has unveiled the Tigor EV powered by the brand's Ziptron high voltage architecture. The company will be launching the Tigor EV on August 31, 2021. Bookings for the Tigor EV are being accepted at select dealerships for a token amount of Rs 21,000 across the country.
It is the second model from the brand to feature this technology, which enables the compact sedan to feature enhanced range and fast charging technology. The 2021 Tigor EV specs have been improved by the inclusion of the Ziptron powertrain.
- Electric motor: 55kW
- Battery pack: 26kWh
- Battery type: Lithium-ion
- Peak torque: 170Nm
- Acceleration: 5.7 seconds
- Range (expected): 250 kilometers
- Fast charging time: 1 hour (0 to 80%)
- Normal charging time: 8.5hours (0 to 100%)
The Tigor EV Ziptron will also undergo a host of changes inside and out. It will most likely carry over all the exterior design changes made to the Xpres-T model. This includes:
- New headlamps
- New front grille with a tri-arrow design
- Redesigned taillamps
- Coloured accents
- New alloy wheels
Interior & Technology
On the inside, the new Tigor EV could be revamped with new upholstery with contrast stitching on the seats, dashboard and door panels. It could also feature coloured accents to match the exterior giving the cabin a modern look.
The electric sedan will continue to come other features. This includes:
- Touchscreen infotainment system
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Climate control
- IRA connected technology
- 30+ connected features
- Mobile charging ports
- Rear AC vents
- Steering mounted controls
- Cruise control
- 316-litre boot space
Tata cars are known to be the safest in the industry and the new Tigor EV will be no different. It will most likely borrow all the safety features from its ICE powered counterpart. This includes:
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Stability control
- ISOFIX child-seat anchors
- Seat-belt reminder
Regarding the warranty, the company is offering an IP67 rated battery pack. The company is also offering 8-year and 1,60,000km battery warranty.
According to Mr Vivek Srivatsa, Head-Marketing, Passenger and Electric Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, "The last few years belonged to the early adopters of EV in India but now it is the time of early majority to move to EV. With an immensely successful experience with the Nexon EV, we can confidently state that EVs are rapidly becoming mainstream. The EV market has reached an inflection point and we need to cater to diverse customer needs and democratize the EV market further with another accessible and contemporary EV product. We are ecstatic to unveil our second electric car in the personal segment. With the all-new Tigor EV we want to lead this evolution to mainstream EVs in India with a message to all automotive enthusiasts to Evolve to Electric."
Mr. Anand Kulkarni, Vice President, Product Line, Electric Vehicle and ALFA Architecture – Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, said, "Built on 5 strong pillars of Performance, Technology, Reliability, Charging and Comfort, the Ziptron technology has enabled Tata Motors to dispel, to a large degree, the popular myths surrounding the EVs today with respect to power, monsoon usage, reliability, suitability for long distance driving, frequency of charging and so on. With growing demand for EVs, it is imperative to offer a choice of EV options to customers who want to switch to electric and we are delighted to extend the high voltage Ziptron EV architecture to our second offering in the personal EV segment - the Tigor EV."
Thoughts About The Tata Tigor EV Ziptron Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch
The Ziptron technology will enhance the performance of the electric sedan and give it a premium feel and appeal. Once launched, the Tata Tigor EV Ziptron could be the most affordable electric four-wheeler available for private buyers in the country. The Tigor EV Ziptron could be priced starting at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.