- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- News AUKUS neither relevant to Quad nor will impact on its functioning: India's first reaction
- Sports Hungary punished with one-match ban following racist behaviour against England
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Tata Motors will be launching the new Tigor EV powered by the Ziptron powertrain in India. Ahead of its launch, the company has released a teaser video showcasing the new Tigor EV in complete camouflage.
The teaser video features the Nexon EV driven on the Kolli Hills, which is located in Tamil Nadu and is famous for having 70 hairpin bends. The best-selling EV in India is driven by the ace racing driver Narain Karthikeyan.
Later in the video, the Nexon EV is joined by the upcoming Tigor EV Ziptron, which is completely camouflaged giving us a sneak peek in the teaser video. The company is yet to announce the launch date of the Tigor EV Ziptron. However, we reckon the new compact electric sedan could arrive sometime in the coming months.
Tigor EV Ziptron Powertrain
Tata Motors sells two electric cars in the Indian market, the Nexon EV and the Xpres- T EV. The latter is a commercial version of the Tigor EV, which uses the brand's Electra powertrain, which is a low-voltage architecture.
While the Nexon EV is powered by the brand's advanced Ziptron high-voltage architecture. The company has now decided to offer the Ziptron technology on the Tigor EV as well. However, the specs of the electric powertrain on the new compact sedan are yet to be announced by the company.
The Tata Nexon features a 95kW electric motor paired to a 30.2kWh Lithium-ion battery pack. This produces 127bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The compact electric SUV claims a maximum driving range of 312km on a single charge. However, the real-world range is roughly between 250 and 300km.
The charge times via a home charger are rated between 7 and 8 hours for a complete charge, while the fast-charging technology charges the Nexon EV batteries from 0 - 80% in just 60 mins. The electric compact SUV also features regenerative braking which charges the batteries while braking resulting in an increased driving range.
We expect regenerative braking and fast-charging technology to be carried over to the Tigor EV Ziptron. However, the new electric compact sedan could feature a lower-spec powertrain, which could have a range of around 250 kilometres on a single battery charge.
Tigor EV Ziptron Design & Interiors
The Tigor EV Ziptron's exterior design will be the same as the Xpres-T EV, which was recently launched for the commercial segment by the brand. The upcoming compact-sedan is expected to feature LED lighting all-around with blue highlights and an enclosed grille with the tri-arrow pattern.
On the inside, it gets a new 3-spoke steering wheel, a twin-pod instrument cluster and updated dual-tone seat upholstery. Other features such as the infotainment system, climate control, remote locking, dual airbags, ABS with EBD as well as rear parking sensors are expected to be carried over from the ICE powered compact sedan.
Tata Motors is offering the Nexon EV starting from 13.99 lakh. The top-spec XZ+ LUX standard variant is priced at Rs 16.65 lakh. Similarly, the Tigor EV Ziptron could be offered in multiple variants and is expected to feature a starting price tag of Rs 10 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Tata Tigor EV Ziptron India Launch Teased
The demand for electric vehicles is increasing at a rapid pace in India amidst increasing fuel prices. The Nexon EV is currently the best-selling EV in India and with the launch of the Tigor EV Ziptron, the brand's monopoly in the segment is about to get a massive boost.
The Tigor EV Ziptron will feature an improved range, specs, and features. Going by the brand's history in pricing, we can expect Tata Motors to price the Tigor EV Ziptron very aggressively.