- 18 hrs ago Jobo's Corner: How Important Are Airbags? Who Invented Them & More
- 20 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- 24 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Launching On August 15 — Most-Awaited EV Launch To Happen On Independence Day
- 24 hrs ago INS Vikrant Sea Trials Begin — All You Need To Know About The Made-In-India Aircraft Carrier
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Golf: Aditi in contention for podium finish after blemish-free second round
- Finance Market Closing: Sensex, Nifty End Higher Led By IT Stocks
- News Watch: 38-year-old Mumbai cop dances his way into people's hearts, becomes social media star
- Technology OneWeb Receives Approval From DoT; Might Start Its Services By May 2022
- Movies Sara Ali Khan On Parents Saif Ali Khan-Amrita Singh's Divorce: Everything Happens For A Reason
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Education Tokyo Olympics: India Bags Bronze After 41 Years, All You Need To Know About Indian Men’s Hockey Squad
- Travel Best Places To Visit In North India In September
Tata Motors has announced the launch of the XTA variant of its Tiago hatchback in the Indian market. The new Tata Tiago XTA variant is priced at Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
As the name suggests, the new variant is the AMT-equipped version of the XT variant in the Tiago hatchback's lineup. With the addition of the new XTA variant, the Tata Tiago now offers the AMT automatic gearbox with a total of four trim levels, further increasing the options for their customers.
The new Tata Tiago XTA variant will also carry forward the same feature and equipment list as the ‘XT' trim. This includes a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 15-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, digital instrument cluster and many more.
The Tata Tiago itself has been a very successful product for the brand in the Indian market, ever since its launch in 2016.
Over the years, the hatchback has received a number of updates, with the latest being the BS6-iteration back in 2020.
This model also received a host of safety updates, which saw the Tiago secure an impressive 4-star rating at the Global NCAP safety tests.
Apart from the addition of the AMT gearbox, no other changes have been made to the Tata Tiago. The hatchback continues to be powered by the same 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine producing 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or the new five-speed AMT automatic gearbox option.
Commenting on the introduction of this new variant, Vivek Srivatsa, Head Marketing, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit (PVBU), Tata Motors said,
"Fulfilling our brand promise of staying New Forever, we are constantly listening and gathering feedback from the market. The Tiago has received tremendous market response from across regions. Furthermore, the automatic transmission (AT) segment in India is booming and the same has been proven in the sales of Tiago as well."
He further added, "Acknowledging the increasing preference for ATs we are excited to introduce the XTA version to the range and are confident that this new variant will not only give us a competitive edge in the mid-hatch segment but will also provide customers with accessible options to choose from at every price point."
Thoughts On The New Tata Tiago XTA Variant Launch In India
The new Tata Tiago XTA variant helps the brand expand its lineup, offering more options to its customers in the segment. The Tata Tiago continues to rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Datsun GO in the Indian market.