- 37 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Finance Best Focused Equity Funds For Aggressive Long Term Investors By ICICI Direct
- Movies KRK Will Stop Reviewing If Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Dhawan Star In His Film To ‘Save Bollywood'
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News Baba Ka Dhaba owner’s condition stable, moved out of ICU
- Sports Top Level Volleyball to return to India with the Prime Volleyball League
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Tata Motors is looking to enter the CNG market with a couple of models. The company had announced earlier that it will be offering several existing models with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The Tiago will is also expected to be one of the models to be offered with the CNG kit.
A video uploaded on YouTube showcases the Tiago hatchback testing without any camouflage. The test mule is believed to be a CNG variant of the hatchback. The company is expected to be testing the CNG models ahead of its launch in the country.
If launched the Tata Tiago will be the brand's entry-level CNG model offering in its line-up. The company is expected to price the Tiago CNG similar to its petrol-powered sibling. However, the CNG kit could be restricted to the entry-level and mid-spec variant of the hatchback.
The Tiago is currently available in six variant including the two automatic variants: XE, XT, XZ, XZ+, XZA, XZA+. The hatchback currently retails between Rs 4.99 lakh and Rs 6.95 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The CNG powertrain is expected to use the same petrol engine on the outgoing model of the hatchback. It is currently powered by the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder naturally aspirated engine. It produces a maximum of 85bhp and a peak torque of 113Nm.
The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT unit. The transmission options are expected to remain the same on the CNG models of the hatchback as well. It will also have a separate tank to hold the CNG, which is expected to be placed in the boot of the vehicle.
Apart from the factory-fitted CNG kit, no other changes are expected on the Tiago CNG inside and out. It will remain similar to the current petrol-powered model of the hatchback.
Some of the highlighted features of the Tiago includes 15-inch alloy wheels, a digital instrument cluster, a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, power-folding wing mirrors and more.
It comes equipped with best in class safety features such as dual airbags, (ABS) Anti-lock Braking System with (CSC) Corner Stability Control & (EBD) Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, rear parking assist and more as standard.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago CNG Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of India
The popularity of CNG vehicles is increasing in the country. The company is looking to enter the segment and acquire some of the market shares by introducing a couple of model in the segment. Tata Motors' primary competitors Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai are already offering a host of models with factory-fitted CNG kit.