- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- News Bengal elections: BJP won’t win even 70 seats says Mamata
- Finance TDS On FD: Why It Is The Right Time To Submit Form 15G/15H?
- Lifestyle Major Teaser Launch: Sobhita Dhulipala Stuns With Her Vintage Floral Saree Look
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Movies Ashutosh Rana Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Taking First Dose Of Vaccine
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Tata Motors has announced that its iconic flagship SUV, the all-new Tata Safari will be the official partner for VIVO Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021. The tournament will begin on April 9th in Chennai and will be played across six major cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, followed by the finals being played in Ahmedabad.
Commenting on this association, Vivek Srivatsa, Head - Marketing, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit (PVBU), Tata Motors, said, "This year's IPL is a special one for us as the tournament has made its way back to its Indian venues after a difficult year. The excitement of the 2021 tournament will be a notch higher as cricket lovers in India look forward to welcoming the illustrious league back to their home stadiums. We are thrilled to be contributing to this excitement with the renewal of our fruitful association with BCCI, for the fourth consecutive year. The new Safari has received a great response especially with respect to its premium design, best in class features and outstanding comfort by customers and it is making its IPL debut in this new avatar. We are working on innovative plans to garner the viewers' attention, as they tune in from across the country to support their teams. We are positive to drive tremendous value from this association and hope to share the joy of celebrating our favorite sport and cricket league with the fans yet again".
Speaking on this continued partnership, Brijesh Patel, Chairman, IPL said, "We are looking forward to Tata Motors continuing their association for this year's VIVO IPL with their latest launch - the all-new Tata Safari. Tata Motors has been the official partner of the tournament since 2018 and our relationship with them continues to grow stronger with each passing year. Over the three seasons, we have witnessed the company's efforts to make the tournament exciting for their customers as well as for the fans through a variety of initiatives at the tournament venues. Despite the existing unprecedented environment, we are looking forward to yet another year of this fruitful association, while delivering great value to Tata Motors and the followers of the game, as we consolidate our partnership further."
As the Official Partner, Tata Motors will showcase the new Safari across the host stadia in Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. Moreover, the player with the highest strike rate of the match will take home the much sought-after Super Striker Trophy along with a prize of Rs 1,00,000.
The SUV will come powered by a single 2.0-litre diesel engine, the same unit which does duty on the Harrier. Power and torque figures are also identical at 168bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Tata Safari
The Safari nameplate already has a huge following in the Indian market, which Tata Motors is hoping will help boost the sales. The seven-seater Tata Safari SUV will go up against the likes of the MG Hector Plus and the upcoming Hyundai Alcazar.