- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Ashok Leyland Delivers Light Bullet-Proof Vehicles To Indian Air Force: First Batch of LBPV
- 3 hrs ago According To The CEEW-CEF Report Nearly 1.35 lakh EVs Sold In India In FY2021: Here Are The Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Facelift Receives New Name ‘X Pres-T’: New Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Sports IPL 2021: DC vs PBKS: Preview, Timing, Live telecast, Live streaming, Mumbai pitch report
- News Trinamool writes to election panel after BJP leaks Mamata Banerjee audio
- Technology Oppo A54 India Launch Pegged For April 19; Price Tipped To Start At Rs. 13,490
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Reunites With His Badhaai Ho Co-Star Sanya Malhotra; Read Details Inside
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Finance NPCI's Bharat Bill Payment System; Now Pay All Your Recurring Bill Payments At A Single Place
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Is It Safe For People With Diabetes To Fast? COVID-19, Associated Risks And Management
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Tata Motors has announced the commencement of the production of their much-awaited Safari SUV for the Indian market. The first Tata Safari SUV has rolled out the production line from the brand's facility in Pune, Maharashtra.
Alongside the first SUV roll-out, Tata Motors has also revealed the final design of the upcoming seven-seater SUV for the Indian market. The new Tata Safari is scheduled to go on sale in India on the 26th of January, with bookings for the same expected to start in the coming days.
Apart from the final design reveal and the roll-out of the first Tata Safari SUV, the company has also announced the introduction of the ‘Tata Safari Imaginator'.
Customers of the Tata Safari can now experience the entire SUV virtually using Augmented Reality (AR), from any preferred location. The new virtual feature also comes with a host of interactive elements, to make the experience more engaging for customers.
Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors said,
"The Safari is our flagship offering to connect the aspirations of the discerning and evolved Indian customer. It had introduced India to the SUV lifestyle and in its new avatar, will carry forward this rich idea to build further its legacy."
"The new Tata Safari is ideal for families and groups with a multifaceted lifestyle, who prefer to drive together for work or leisure, as it offers an unmatchable combo of an exceptionally strong lineage, robust build quality, premium finishes and the 4Ps of Power, Performance, Presence and Prestige to ‘Reclaim Your Life'. We look forward to making the ‘Safari' rule the Indian roads once again."
Talking about the Tata Safari itself, the new seven-seater SUV from the brand will be positioned above its five-seater Harrier sibling, making it Tata Motors latest flagship model. The Tata Safari uses the OMEGARC architecture, while also following the brand's latest ‘Impact 2.0' design language.
Some of the key exterior styling features and equipment on the upcoming Tata Safari include the LED projector headlamp setup, tri-arrow mesh grille, wrap-around LED taillight connected by a gloss-black element. The SUV also features flared wheel arches with stylish alloy wheels, stepped roof, ‘SAFARI' moniker on the boot lid, and a panoramic sunroof to name a few.
Moving inside, the new Safari SUV comes with a new Oyster White cabin, with ash wood trims on the dashboard. The Safari will feature individual captain seats in the second row, while also featuring automatic climate control, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, semi-digital instrument console, leatherette seat upholstery and plenty more.
The Tata Safari might also come with the brand's latest iRA connected technology, along with a few other features such as Xpress Cool, What-3-Word navigation and voice commands.
Finally coming to the powertrain, the new Tata Safari SUV will come packed by a single 2.0-litre diesel engine. It produces 172bhp and 350Nm of peak torque and is mated either to a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Tata Safari SUV
The Tata Safari SUV once launched will rival the likes of the MG Hector Plus and the upcoming 7-seater Hyundai SUV and the 7-seater Jeep Compass. Pricing for the Safari is expected to be in the range of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom.