- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Movies Actress Files Complaint Against OTT Platform For Showing Obscene Content
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Tata Motors is bringing back the legendary 'Safari' name for its upcoming flagship seven-seater SUV in the Indian market. The company first showcased the SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, which was initially called the Gravitas. However, the company has decided to name the SUV to Safari.
The company will be taking the wraps off the upcoming flagship Safari SUV in the country by the end of this month. The upcoming SUV was spotted testing several times revealing some of the features spotted in its pre-production form.
According to the company, the Tata Safari introduced India to the SUV lifestyle and glamourized the segment. The SUV was on sale for two decades and has set a benchmark for prestige and performance. In its new avatar, the Safari will carry forward this rich idea and its strong legacy.
The company is all set to bring Safari's famous tag line ‘Reclaim their Life' to encourage customers and experience the all-new SUV. The upcoming Safari further builds on the legacy of prestige and outstanding performance. The SUV will feature Impact 2.0 design language along with OMEGARC platform derived from the renowned D8 platform from Land Rover.
Announcing the formal branding of its forthcoming SUV as the ‘Tata Safari', Mr Shailesh Chandra - President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit (PVBU), Tata Motors, said, "We are proud and elated to re-introduce our flagship SUV-Safari. The Safari, an iconic brand with a strong following, has been the most sought after SUV on Indian roads for well over two decades."
He further added, "In its new avatar, the Safari will appeal to the socially active, fun-loving customers who seek out unique experiences and adventure. Its design, performance, versatility, features, and long-lasting build quality, reinforce the SUV lifestyle to provide unending pleasure. We are confident that the launch of the Safari will once again re-energise the market, amplifying its cult status."
The Safari will be powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, ‘Kryotec' diesel engine that churns out a maximum of 168bhp and a peak torque of 350Nm of torque. It is also expected to get a 4x4 hardware to match the legendary name and its capabilities. The company has announced that the bookings for the new Safari will begin this month. The Tata Safari will be hitting the showrooms sometime by the end of this month.
Thoughts About The Tata Safari Name Makes A Comeback For The Brand's Flagship Seven Seater SUV
Tata Motors is launching an all-new SUV in the Indian market. The company has decided to bring back the legendary Safari name in the BS6 era. With the latest announcement, the Safari fans will rejoice the comeback of the SUV in the Indian market. Because of the nameplate, Tata Motors could add 4x4 capabilities to the upcoming flagship SUV.