- 22 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Tata Motors announces Safari's 10,000 units production milestone in India. The company has achieved this new production milestone from its manufacturing facility in Pune within just 5 months from its launch this year.
The company rolled out its 100th flagship SUV back in February 2021, despite all the ongoing restrictions due to Covid-19. The remaining 9,900 units of the new Safari were rolled out in less than four months.
According to the company, the new Safari is one of the top-selling 6/7-seater SUVs in India that holds a market share of 25.2 per cent in its category. Additionally, they also stated that the Safari and the Harrier constitute to 41.2 per cent market share in the High SUV segment in Q1 FY22.
Speaking on this milestone, Mr Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors said, "We are thrilled to have reached this significant milestone for the new Safari in a span of four months. Not to mention, we have achieved this landmark during one of the toughest periods our country has endured in its long history. The 10000th feat validates the collective hard work put in by various teams responsible for the rebirth of this illustrious model."
He further added, "The Safari in its new avatar takes forward the brand's rich legacy by combining Tata Motors' Impact 2.0 design language with the proven capability of OMEGARC, the architecture derived from Land Rover's renowned D8 platform - the gold standard among SUVs worldwide. This iconic brand is already leading the segment and we are delighted with our customers' response. We thank our customers for their continued trust in the brand. We will continue to keep our New Forever range refreshed catering to the ever-evolving needs of our customers."
Currently, the Tata Safari retails between Rs 14.99 lakh and Rs 21.81 lakh for the top-spec Adventure persona variant.
The new Tata Safari is powered by the 2.0-litre diesel engine that does its duties on the Harrier. It produces a maximum of 168bhp and a peak torque of 350Nm. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch
The brand's flagship has achieved a new production milestone despite the Covid-19 restriction earlier this year in the country. The Safari name carries a rich heritage and the latest production milestone stands in testament to that very fact in the country.