- 3 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 8 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 80,000 Question That Stumped Former Diplomat Manju Seth On The Show?
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- News In touch with all concerned: India on reports of kidnapping of Indian national in Kabul
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Lifestyle Don’t Throw Away The Peel Of These Fruits And Vegetables, They Have Benefits And Other Uses Too
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
The Tata Punch has been unveiled. Tata Motors has officially unveiled the Tata Punch ahead of its launch. The upcoming Tata Punch is the Indian brand's micro-SUV based on the Tata HBX concept car. The HBX concept car was initially showcased at the Auto Expo last year and managed to grab a lot of eyeballs.
The Tata Punch is a micro-SUV that will sit below the Tata Nexon and will rival the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ignis and the upcoming Hyundai's micro-SUV, the Casper in India. According to sources, Tata Motors is planning to introduce their latest micro SUV, the Tata Punch during the upcoming festive season in India.
The Tata HBX concept-based Punch will be the first SUV from Tata Motors to be built on the ALFA-ARC (Agile Light Flexible Advanced Architecture) platform. Like the Tata Harrier, the HBX concept-based Tata Punch will also wear the Impact 2.0 design language. This will give Tata's upcoming micro SUV a bold stance.
This is in line with the Tata Punch's high-stance. The LED DRLs are reminiscent of the Tata Harrier, and it gets a pronounced front-end dominated by the wide bonnet and front grille. At this price point, the competition will be cut-throat for the Tata Punch. This is because the customers at this price point have multiple options ranging from small hatchbacks to sub-4-metre sedans.
However, given the ongoing SUV craze in India, Tata Motors has already won half the battle with a visually imposing design language that mimics its larger and more premium vehicles like the Harrier and the Safari.
Now all Tata Motors needs to do is aggressively price the Tata Punch, and along with it attract more customers with a host of features in top-end variants. Though Tata Motors is yet to reveal the details on the powertrain of the Tata Punch, we suspect Tata Motors to use the 84.8bhp 1.2-litre 3-cylinder 'Revotron' petrol engine from the Tata Tigor.
We also expect Tata Motors to offer the upcoming Punch with a choice for an automatic or manual transmission. Speaking about the Tata Punch, Shailesh Chandra, the President of Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said, "With the perfect combination of stunning design, technology and driving dynamics, the Punch will come equipped with superlative features and an architecture that has proven its versatility in all forms."
He further added, "True to the SUV genes of all Tata Motors' products and catering to needs of customers who are looking for a compact city car with pure SUV characteristics, Punch will be the fourth addition to our SUV family, widening the range of options for all to choose from."
Thoughts On Tata Punch Being Revealed
With the overwhelming response received for the Tata HBX concept last year, Tata Motors has identified the scope for a compact SUV in their lineup and has made the Tata Punch based on the HBX concept. Now it is up to Tata Motors to fill the last piece to make it a success with good pricing. If that goes right, we are sure Tata Motors will have a winner on its hand.