- 4 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- News After Munawar Faruqui, Kunal Kamra reveals his show in Bengaluru cancelled after organisers received threats
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
The recently launched Tata Punch climbs to the top-10 best-selling cars list of October 2021. Tata Motors sold 8,453 units of Tata Punch micro-SUV in the month of October 2021 to reach 10th place on the list of top-10 best-selling cars of October 2021.
It is a remarkable feat by Tata Punch to climb to the top-10 list of best-selling cars within a month of its launch in the Indian market. This shows the trust of people in the Indian car manufacturer.
Speaking about the Tata Punch, the new micro-SUV is based on the same ALFA-ARC platform that underpins the Tata Altroz. This makes the Tata Punch the first SUV in Tata Motor's product portfolio to use the ALFA-ARC platform.
Like the Tata Altroz, the Tata Punch also received a 5-star safety rating for adult protection by Global-NCAP and with a score of 16.45 points out of 17, which makes it the safest car in India.
The Tata Punch range starts from Rs 5.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and the new Tata Punch is offered in four trim levels - Pure, Adventure, Accomplished, and Creative.
Moreover, customers can also customise with a few additional packages such as Rythm, Dazzle and iRA, According to sources, these packages are priced at Rs 35,000, Rs 45,000 and Rs 30,000 respectively.
Measuring 3827x1742x1615mm (LxWxH), the new Tata Punch is slightly smaller than the Tata Nexon and Tata Altroz.
Design-wise, the new Tata Punch looks almost identical to the original Tata HBX concept car that was revealed a year ago at the Auto Expo and the overall design remains very little changed to the original concept car and the major differences lie in the front and rear bumpers, tyres, alloy wheels and colour schemes. Overall, the Tata Punch looks muscular and bold.
The new Tata Punch comes loaded with features such as a semi-digital instrument console, a large 7-inch Harman touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, iRA connected car tech, multi-function steering wheel, automatic climate control, natural voice recognition function for voice commands, smart keyless entry, push-button start/stop, power-operated ORVMs with auto-folding, cruise control and many more.
Apart from that, Tata Motors has added a feature called ‘Terrainpro' technology that urges the driver to activate the system when the car detects traction loss. Once the system is activated by the driver, the system will lay a set of instructions on the infotainment screen to guide the driver out of the situation.
Like the Tata Altroz, Tata Punch also comes with top-notch safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and cornering stability control, ISOFIX child seats, first-in-segment ‘Brake Sway Control', and many more.
The new Tata Punch is powered by an uprated 3-cylinder 1.2L Revotron petrol engine and this engine produces 84.48 bhp at 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm of torque at 3,300 rpm. Unlike the Tata Altroz, the Tata Punch comes with a choice of either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
However, apart from the Pure variant, all other variants can be equipped with an AMT gearbox.
Speaking about the gearbox, the AMT gearbox in the Tata Punch is augmented with an altitude adjusted mapping for better drivability, and Tata Motors claims that the Tata Punch can do 0-60 kmph and 0-100kmph sprint in 6.5 seconds and 16.5 seconds, respectively.
Thoughts About Tata Punch
Tata Motors has also nailed the pricing with a starting price of Rs 5.49 lakhs (ex-showroom, India), this makes the Tata Punch a great choice for anyone looking for a city car that is equally at home during weekend trips.
With the October 2021 sales report, it is clear that the new Tata Punch more than met Tata Motor's already high sales expectations for their latest micro-SUV.