- 14 hrs ago Tata Punch Variants And Colour Options Leaked; Launch Likely To Be On October 4th
- 17 hrs ago New Force Gurkha Prices Revealed; Prices Start From Rs 13.59 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago MG Astor To Be Launched In Early October; Will Be Available In 7 Trim Levels
- 2 days ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021 Discounts On Tecno Smartphones
- News Pfizer tests oral drug that could prevent Covid Infection
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Sports IPL 2021, KKR vs DC Stats and Records preview: Dinesh Karthik closes in on milestones
- Finance Government Second Half Borrowing Calendar Sticks To The Script
- Movies Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 Motion Poster: Kartik Aaryan Gears Up To Give Us Some Chills & Laughs
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
- Education JNVST Result 2021 Declared For Class 6 And Class 11, Check Result Link
Tata Motors has announced its highest ever domestic monthly sales in the last month with an increase of over 500 per cent. All passenger car offerings have contributed to the overall sales including the brand's top-selling green vehicle, the Nexon EV.
The company has announced that the Nexon EV sales have crossed the 4,000 units mark in the Indian market. The electric SUV has achieved this impressive feat within 14 months from its first launch in the country.
Apart from the new sales milestone, the Nexon EV has just posted its best-ever monthly and quarterly sales for the brand. The Nexon EV holds a 64 per cent market share in the passenger EV segment in the country.
Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The company registered its highest ever monthly and quarterly sales of 705 EVs and 1,711 EVs in March 2021 and Q4 FY2021. The Nexon EV, the highest sold EV in the country, crossed the milestone of 4,000 units, since its launch in January 2020."
Tata Motors launched the Nexon EV back in January 2020. Due to its decent driving range, practicality and affordability, the electric SUV became a popular choice for EV buyers in the Indian market.
The Nexon EV achieved 1,000 units sales in August 2020, seven months after it was first launched. The SUV soon crossed the 2,000 units sales mark within 10 months from its launch. Four month later, the electric-SUV sales are doubled due to the rising demand for practical and affordable EVs in the country.
The Tata Nexon electric SUV is offered in three variants: XM, XZ+ & XZ+ LUX. The electric SUV retails at a starting price of Rs 13.99 lakh, while the XZ+ LUX top-spec variant costs Rs 16.40 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Nexon EV is powered by a 95kW electric motor, paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 129bhp and 245Nm of peak torque with power sent to the front wheels.
The electric SUV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. The actual range can be slightly less depending on several factors and is expected to be rated between 250 and 300km.
The charge times for Nexon EV via a home charger are rated between 7 to 8 hours for a complete charge. While charing the SUV through a fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in just 60 mins. The electric SUV also features regenerative braking technology. It charges the batteries while braking resulting in an increased driving range.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV Sales Crossing 4,000 Units Mark In India
The Nexon EV has been consistently outselling other electric SUV offerings in the country. The Nexon EV is the most affordable electric SUV on sale in the Indian market. Along with private buyers, several government organizations have also adopted green mobility, taking step towards saving the environment.