- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 16 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- News Narendra Giri death: It’s not his handwriting in suicide note, claims Niranjani Akhara chief
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
The Tata Nexon EV has seen significant growth across the southern region in India. Since its launch in January 2020, the company has registered a volume growth of over 300 per cent in South India, commanding a market share of about 77 per cent YTD (FY21). The Nexon EV sold maximum in Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, across 20 cities.
Commenting on the consistent growth and appreciation for Tata Nexon EV, Ramesh Dorairajan, Head - Sales, Marketing and Customer Car, Electric Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Nexon EV has been a game-changing product for us in the electric vehicle segment. Since its launch last year, it has been the recipient of appreciation from customers and the industry alike. With its thrilling performance, connected drive experience with zero emissions and accessible pricing, the Nexon EV has found its place as the best-selling electric vehicle in India."
"With a consistent visible growth trajectory across regions, the EV has also become the preferred car for several state government bodies in the country. We hope that we can leverage this growth to contribute towards the adoption of electric vehicles in India by encouraging awareness among customers regarding the inevitable need for an electric future in the coming years," he further stated.
Coming to the electric SUV itself, the Tata Nexon EV was introduced in India back in January 2020. The SUV is the brand's first fully-electric product and comes powered by Tata Motors' Ziptron powertrain. This consists of a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack paired with an electric motor, producing 127bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The Nexon EV claims an ARAI-certified range of 312km, however, in the real-world we can expect the range to be around the 275km mark on a full charge.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV
With the increase in environmental awareness among the Indian motorists, the sales of the electric vehicle have picked up substantially in recent times. The Nexon EV has further made it easier by being the most affordable electric-SUV in the market offering a decent range from a single battery charge and performance at the same time.