- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports NZC shift matches against Australian men, England women to Wellington
- News Sensex surges over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 14,680
- Technology Oppo F19 Pro, F19 Pro+ 5G With Punch-Hole Display Listed On Amazon India
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The Tata Nexon EV has seen significant growth across the southern region in India. Since its launch in January 2020, the company has registered a volume growth of over 300 per cent in South India, commanding a market share of about 77 per cent YTD (FY21). The Nexon EV sold maximum in Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, across 20 cities.
Commenting on the consistent growth and appreciation for Tata Nexon EV, Ramesh Dorairajan, Head - Sales, Marketing and Customer Car, Electric Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Nexon EV has been a game-changing product for us in the electric vehicle segment. Since its launch last year, it has been the recipient of appreciation from customers and the industry alike. With its thrilling performance, connected drive experience with zero emissions and accessible pricing, the Nexon EV has found its place as the best-selling electric vehicle in India."
"With a consistent visible growth trajectory across regions, the EV has also become the preferred car for several state government bodies in the country. We hope that we can leverage this growth to contribute towards the adoption of electric vehicles in India by encouraging awareness among customers regarding the inevitable need for an electric future in the coming years," he further stated.
Coming to the electric SUV itself, the Tata Nexon EV was introduced in India back in January 2020. The SUV is the brand's first fully-electric product and comes powered by Tata Motors' Ziptron powertrain. This consists of a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack paired with an electric motor, producing 127bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The Nexon EV claims an ARAI-certified range of 312km, however, in the real-world we can expect the range to be around the 275km mark on a full charge.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV
With the increase in environmental awareness among the Indian motorists, the sales of the electric vehicle have picked up substantially in recent times. The Nexon EV has further made it easier by being the most affordable electric-SUV in the market offering a decent range from a single battery charge and performance at the same time.