- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Motors introduced their first fully-electric compact-SUV offering, the Nexon EV in the Indian market back in January 2020. The Tata Nexon EV has now emerged to take the title of the 'best-selling electric car in India' for 2020.
The Tata Nexon EV during the 2020 calendar year has registered 2,529 units of sales in the Indian market. The electric SUV has also managed to garner a massive 63.2 per cent market share of the segment.
Sales of the Tata Nexon EV have been steadily rising month-on-month. The company has managed to take advantage of the faster adoption of EV in India, thanks to the Nexon EV's competitive pricing, strong performance, range and features on offer.
The Tata Nexon EV comes with a starting price of Rs 13.9 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This currently makes it the most affordable electric car offered in the Indian market. The company also introduced a subscription plan for the Nexon EV back in August 2020. Tata Motors further went on to reduce the subscription plans in December, making the EV more appealing to customers.
The subscription plan for the Tata Nexon EV is currently offered in five major cities across India: Bengaluru, Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, Pune & Mumbai. Subscription plans for the Tata Nexon EV now starts at Rs 29,500 per month.
Coming back to the electric car sales in 2020, the Tata Nexon EV is followed by the MG ZS EV. The electric SUV offering from MG Motor was also launched back in January last year. However, being a more premium offering, the ZS EV managed to sell just 1,142 units during the course of last year. The MG ZS EV still manages to occupy a healthy 28.5 per cent market share in India.
India's first all-electric SUV, the Hyundai Kona electric came in third place after registering 223 units of sales. The Hyundai Kona electric, although a good model, failed to create the same level of excitement as the MG ZS EV and the Tata Nexon EV.
The Tata Tigor EV and the Mahindra e-Verito occupied the bottom two positions of fourth and fifth, respectively. While the Tata Tigor EV managed to sell 100 units in 2020, the e-Verito registered a mere 9 units of sales throughout the entire calendar year.
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon EV Becoming India's Best-Selling Electric Car For 2020
The Tata Nexon EV comes with a host of features, good range and strong performance, all at a competitive price. Tata Motors also offers the Nexon EV with multiple ownership plans, which further make the electric SUV more appealing to its customers.