- 44 min ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- 4 hrs ago Datsun CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 18 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- Education Karnataka KCET 2021 Application Form Released, Apply Before July 10
- Sports WTC Final: Leave loose balls - Shubman Gill's plan on how to survive in England
- Movies Rajinikanth Gets Permission To Fly To The US With Family Members?
- Finance SBI Jan Dhan Yojana, Here’s How You Can Claim The Benefits
- News Bihar Unlock 2.0: Nitish Kumar relaxes Covid restrictions in Bihar from June 16-22, details here
- Lifestyle Amid Monsoon Clouds, Sunny Leone Sets Temperature Soaring As She Poses With An Oversized Hat And Heels
- Technology Realme X9 Appears On Official Website; Expected Price, Features
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Tata Motors has officially released a statement about the 'axing' of a few diesel variants of the Tata Nexon from its official website. Tata Motors recently discontinued a few variants of the diesel-powered Tata Nexon. This led to widespread speculations that Tata was putting a full-stop to its diesel-powered models. Tata Motors has now issued a clarification.
The Tata Nexon is one of the most popular sub-4-metre SUVs in our country, the compact SUV started gaining traction in the market after receiving a 5-star safety rating. Soon, the compact SUV gained a cult following on social media. In some instances, the fans of the Tata Nexon have even made memes to praise the safety of the vehicle.
In recent times, the Tata Nexon quickly found its way to the top rows of the sales chart as rivals like Suzuki Brezza dropped its diesel-powered models in favour of less-polluting petrol engines.
In a move reflecting the petrol-friendly trend, Tata motors removed the XE, XMA, XZ and XZA+ (S) trims from the diesel variants of the Tata Nexon on the company's official website.
This led to rumours and speculations about Tata Motors giving up on diesel-powered cars. To that end, Tata Motors has issued a statement to clarify things. The official statement from Tata Motors regarding the issue read "Nexon is among the most popular compact SUVs in India and its diesel variant is very popular with a growing demand and a loyal following."
The statement also added that "The Nexon is now available in 20 variants. The Nexon's range includes 12 variants in petrol and 8 variants in diesel with automatic and manual transmissions options. Tata Motors refines and refreshes its portfolio of trims and variants from time to time in line with market feedback."
The statement summarises that Tata Motors has axed the aforementioned four diesel variants, as the company is seeing a shift in trend to choose the petrol-powered variants over the diesel ones. However, diesel engines will continue to power the Tata Nexon, at least for the foreseeable future.
Thoughts On Tata Motors Discontinuing Four Variants Of Diesel-Powered Tata Nexon
With stringent emission norms and rumours of hefty taxes on vehicles that pollute above a certain level, Indian consumers have shifted their focus back to petrol-powered vehicles despite the soaring petrol prices.
Also, the fact that the per-litre cost of diesel is so close to that of petrol, that the extra cost of purchasing a diesel car doesn't make sense anymore. This has helped Tata to remove four low selling trims of diesel variant to reduce confusion among buyers.