- 17 min ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 6 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Sports Burnley 0-1 Arsenal: Odegaard secures back-to-back wins for Gunners
- News Govt hikes domestic flight capacity to 85%
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Tata Motors has officially released a statement about the 'axing' of a few diesel variants of the Tata Nexon from its official website. Tata Motors recently discontinued a few variants of the diesel-powered Tata Nexon. This led to widespread speculations that Tata was putting a full-stop to its diesel-powered models. Tata Motors has now issued a clarification.
The Tata Nexon is one of the most popular sub-4-metre SUVs in our country, the compact SUV started gaining traction in the market after receiving a 5-star safety rating. Soon, the compact SUV gained a cult following on social media. In some instances, the fans of the Tata Nexon have even made memes to praise the safety of the vehicle.
In recent times, the Tata Nexon quickly found its way to the top rows of the sales chart as rivals like Suzuki Brezza dropped its diesel-powered models in favour of less-polluting petrol engines.
In a move reflecting the petrol-friendly trend, Tata motors removed the XE, XMA, XZ and XZA+ (S) trims from the diesel variants of the Tata Nexon on the company's official website.
This led to rumours and speculations about Tata Motors giving up on diesel-powered cars. To that end, Tata Motors has issued a statement to clarify things. The official statement from Tata Motors regarding the issue read "Nexon is among the most popular compact SUVs in India and its diesel variant is very popular with a growing demand and a loyal following."
The statement also added that "The Nexon is now available in 20 variants. The Nexon's range includes 12 variants in petrol and 8 variants in diesel with automatic and manual transmissions options. Tata Motors refines and refreshes its portfolio of trims and variants from time to time in line with market feedback."
The statement summarises that Tata Motors has axed the aforementioned four diesel variants, as the company is seeing a shift in trend to choose the petrol-powered variants over the diesel ones. However, diesel engines will continue to power the Tata Nexon, at least for the foreseeable future.
Thoughts On Tata Motors Discontinuing Four Variants Of Diesel-Powered Tata Nexon
With stringent emission norms and rumours of hefty taxes on vehicles that pollute above a certain level, Indian consumers have shifted their focus back to petrol-powered vehicles despite the soaring petrol prices.
Also, the fact that the per-litre cost of diesel is so close to that of petrol, that the extra cost of purchasing a diesel car doesn't make sense anymore. This has helped Tata to remove four low selling trims of diesel variant to reduce confusion among buyers.