- 13 hrs ago BYD e6 Electric MPV Spotted Testing In Chennai; To Be Launched By The End Of 2021
- 15 hrs ago Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 High-Speed Commercial Delivery Electric Scooter Launched In India
- 18 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Bookings Cross The 50,000 Milestone In Just Six Months
- 21 hrs ago Yamaha MT-15 With Dual-Channel ABS To Be Launched Soon; Prices Set To Increase Again
- Finance Currency Market Shut For The Second Day Today
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 5 Box Office Collection: Pawan Kalyan Starrer Continues Its Strong Run!
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days: Discount Offers On Budget And Mid-Range Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs MI: A great fightback by Mumbai Indians, says elated captain Rohit Sharma
- News Give relief, ramp up health infra: BJP's Devendra Fadnavis on Janta Curfew in Maharashtra
- Lifestyle Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
The Indian government implemented the BS6-emission regulations in India from 1 April 2020. This led to the beginning of a new technological era in the Indian CV segment. Tata Motors - the commercial vehicle market leader, is at the forefront of this shift, bringing in value products designed to increase customer's profitability.
The Indian transport industry is currently facing the heat of rising fuel prices, comparatively flatter freight rates, higher prices of BS6 vehicles, and increasing operating costs. These factors have a direct effect on the profitability of CV transporters.
Tata Motors Limited understands these to the core and introduces a new product range that reduces the operating and maintenance costs substantially thereby improving customer profitability. The new product range would make transportation economically viable, while also bringing down the overall logistics costs for end-users as well. This is where Tata Motors enter with their several years of experience.
The company recently introduced its indigenously developed 5.0-litre Fuel Intelligent TurboTronn engine. This engine has been extremely successful in Tata Motors' ICV and MCV segment products including models such as the Ultra 1518, Ultra T.16, and Ultra 1918.
The 5.0-litre TurboTronn engine used on the above-mentioned models is said to produce 180bhp and 700Nm of peak torque. Now, the company has introduced an upgraded version by enhancing the engine output and incorporating various value enhancers. This unit now produces 200bhp and 850Nm of peak torque. It comes with a state-of-the-art design, offering high power density and a flatter torque curve. This allows the engine to provide the best economy figures in each of its operating conditions.
Now, with the shift towards the rated load operations, this new 5-litre Fuel Intelligent TurboTronn product range from Tata Motors is a boon for MCV, MAV, Tipper, and TT segment operating at rated load, delivering right power and torque figures for the desired operation and yet delivering better fuel efficiency compared to historical conventional 6 cylinder engine.
The introduction of the indigenous engine with state-of-the-art technologies ensures the engine has a far lower service and maintenance cost, operational sturdiness, and durability, allowing customers to enjoy a higher saving in fluid (diesel & DEF) and thereby even reduce service costs.
The new 5-litre Turbotronn engine can now be seen on Tata Motors' 28T GVW, 35T GVW, and 30T GCW commercial vehicle (multi-axle truck & tractor-trailer) in Cargo portfolio and 19T Tipper and 28T RMC. All of the above have drivelines delivering best-in-class fuel efficiency in their respective operating segment.
The Tata Motors 28T GVW category vehicles include the SIGNA 2821.T, LPT 2821 Cowl, and ULTRA 2821.T in Cargo, and SIGNA 2821.K RMC in the construction range. The 35T GVW category includes CVs such as SIGNA 3521.T and LPT 3521 Cowl, while the 30T GCW category consists of the Ultra 3021.S in tractor-trailer segment.
The products also come packed with features such as a three-mode fuel economy switch, gear shift advisor, electronic anti-fuel-theft, and unitized wheel bearings; among others.
All of the above-aforementioned products come with a standard driveline warranty of 6-years/6 lakh kilometres. Tata Motors also offers its Fleet Edge advanced telematics solution with a bouquet of value added services in all these models.
Tata Motors is leading the commercial vehicle segment of India, even with the ever-changing dynamics. The introduction of the new product range breaks traditional barriers and adopts new technology, ensuring long-term sustainability & profitability.