- 9 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Tata Motors recently delivered 10 Nexon EVs to Government officials in Gujarat. The gesture was part of the deal with Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
These 10 brand-new Tata Nexon EV's will be used by senior Government officials of the state who are associated with the Statue of Unity located in Gujarat. To mark the event, these 10 Tata Nexon EVs were handed over to the Government officials on 75th Independence Day.
The event took place in presence of Dr Rajiv Kumar Gupta, who is the Additional Chief Secretary of Industries & Mines Department and MD of Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam.
The event is one of many where Tata Motors is actively trying its best to promote the use of electric vehicles.
For this, Tata Motors is working closely with other entities under the Tata group to find out the possibilities for replacing conventional powered cars with its EV. One such work is the tender between Tata Motors and EESL to supply 10,000 electric vehicles to various government organisations and institutions.
Tata Nexon EV is currently India's highest-selling electric passenger vehicle with a dominating market share of 70 per cent. One of the reasons for Tata Nexon EV can be pointed out at its competition, in other words, ‘the lack of competition'.
Powering the Tata Nexon EV is a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack, and the majority of stored energy is consumed by a single electric motor for propulsion means. The electric motor is a 127hp AC motor with 245Nm of peak torque. According to Tata Motors, this setup enables the Nexon EV to cover 312kms on a single charge.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Delivering 10 Nexon EVs To Gujarat Government On Independence Day
Tata Motors is doing the best of their abilities to promote EV in the Indian market, and their action back it up. However, once you look closely, many problems hinder the efforts by different organisations to promote EVs in the market.
These problems range from government policies to mediocre powertrain configurations that couldn't take the fight to conventionally powered vehicles. Though the 70% market share number looks incredible on paper, once you dissect the numbers, in reality, Tata motors have sold just over 6,000 units of Nexon EV in India. This is a small number in comparison to the ICE vehicles sales currently in India.