- 1 hr ago 2021 KTM RC200 Arrives At Dealership: Gets Dual-Channel ABS As Standard
- 6 hrs ago Top 5 Safest Cars In India: All of them are manufactured by Indian automobile manufacturers
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Teased; Launch Soon
- 1 day ago BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Iconic Edition Launched In India For Rs 53.50 Lakh
- Sports Aishwarya, Ashishrao and Aman in fray for Hampi bike rally nationals
- Movies India's Best Dancer 2 Contestants List Is Out: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Show!
- News Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot meets Rahul Gandhi, sparks off rumours of cabinet expansion
- Technology Poco M4 Pro 5G With Up 6GB RAM Spotted At FCC; When Is It Launching?
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Now Conduct Debit Card Services At New Micro ATMs of This Bank: Here’s How
- Lifestyle Sooryavanshi: All Set For Promotions, Katrina Kaif Looks Like A Dream In Her Floral Lehenga
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Tata Motors on Friday announced that it has found a new home for its10,000th EV in India. This number combines both commercial and private vehicles.
Tata Motors joined the EV race by offering the all-electric version of the Tata Tigor hatchback. The Tata Tigor EV was initially introduced as a fleet offering in metro cities.
However, the big break and limelight entry was made when Tata Motors forayed into the personal EV segment with its Nexon EV in January 2020.
From there onwards, Tata Motors has managed to dominate the segment with over 70 percent market share in the personal EV segment. In the last month alone, Tata Motors has managed to cross 1,000 unit sales.
Tata Motor said that the company has built a viable road map for the future and the company is committed to staying in this course of making EVs mainstream. The company also added that the feat is made possible because of early adopters of EV in the country.
"We are proud to have lived up to the high expectations of the early EV adopters. These customers have laid a strong foundation for EV ownership to further expand and have created a path for other prospective buyers to follow," said, Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors.
He also added that "the achievement of 10,000 EVs on road is a strong testament to how our innovative electric vehicles are resonating well with customers."
Apart from this, Tata Motors is gearing up to become the flag-bearer of Green Mobility in India with the help of other companies under Tata Group such as Tata Power, Tata Chemicals, Tata Autocomp, Tata Motors Finance, and Croma.
With these companies working together, Tata Motors is planning to form an expansive e-mobility ecosystem in the country called the Tata UniEVerse.
That being said, Tata Motors recently launched the Xpres-T EV in India. Xpres-T EV is Tata Motors latest offering for the commercial segment in India, and it is the first EV of the ‘Xpres' sub-brand of Tata Motors.
Though the recently launched Xpres-T EV is based on the Tata Tigor EV, it will be only sold for commercial purposes and cannot be registered as a private vehicle.
The Xpres-T EV comes with two choices of battery pack, both of which are smaller than the Tiago EVs to keep the cost down.
The smaller capacity model uses a 16.5kWh battery pack and has a claimed range of 165kms on a full charge. Whereas the larger battery pack model with its 21.5kWh capacity can travel 48kms further.
Despite being a commercial vehicle, Tata Motors has not skimped on any safety equipment either. The vehicle comes loaded with features like Dual-Airbags, ABS, EBD, and a few more.
Prices for the Xpres-T EV starts from Rs 9.54 lakhs (ex-showroom, India) and the top-end XZ+ model with the larger 21.5kWh battery pack costs Rs 10.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About Tata Motors Achieving 10,000 Customers Milestone In EV Segment
Tata Motors has dedicated a lot of resources towards engineering and developing its EVs. This dedication is now showing as a result in front of the company.
The 10,000 unit EV sales milestone is just the first of many milestones Tata Motors will achieve in the future.