- 6 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 7 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 8 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Tata Motors is working on introducing its new micro-SUV, codenamed 'HBX' in the Indian market. The Tata HBX was last showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, with its production-version set to go on sale in India this year.
Ahead of its launch in India, the Tata HBX micro-SUV has been spied yet again. The latest spy pics of the Tata HBX from Autocar India reveal that the upcoming SUV will come with an optional automatic transmission option. The AMT gearbox can be seen in the latest spy images, alongside a few other details.
This includes a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, switchgear and fabric seats. The Tata HBX is also expected to borrow a number of components from its siblings such as the Tiago and the Altroz, while exterior design & styling will have elements similar to its Harrier and Safari siblings.
The final production-version of the SUV is also expected to closely resemble the HBX concept model. This includes the dual headlamp design with the LED DRLs on top and the main unit below. It will also come with flared wheel arches, contrasting dual-tone roof with roof rails and LED taillights; among others.
Coming to the interiors, as mentioned before the SUV is expected to carry forward many features and equipment from its siblings. This includes a semi-digital instrument cluster, 7-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & iRA connected technology.
The Tata HBX SUV will be the second product in India, post the Altroz to be part of the brand's ALFA architecture. This should allow the cabin of the HBX SUV to be spacious, with a good amount of headroom and legroom for both front and rear passengers. The Tata HBX could also feature 90-degree opening doors, similar to the Altroz, further improving ingress and egress on the SUV.
Coming to the powertrain options, the final production-spec version of the HBX is expected to feature the brand's 1.2-litre petrol engine. It produces 83bhp and 114Nm of peak torque and will be paired with either a five-speed manual or AMT automatic gearbox. Tata Motors could also introduce a ‘turbo' variant of the SUV at a later stage.
Thoughts On The Tata HBX Micro-SUV Spied With An AMT Gearbox
The Tata HBX SUV once introduced in India will be positioned below the Nexon model. The HBX SUV is expected to come with a price tag starting at Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched, the Tata HBX will rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100 in the Indian market.