- 21 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News Punjab Congress chief Sunil Jakhar takes a dig at G-23 leaders
- Movies Mayakkan Enna Actress Richa Gangopadhyay To Welcome Her First Child Soon!
- Sports Former India speedster Salil Ankola tests positive for COVID-19
- Technology iQOONeo 5 Official Teaser Poster Reveals March 16 Launch Date; Expected Price, Specs
- Education AISSEE Result 2021: NTA To Release Sainik School Entrance Exam Result 2021 Anytime Soon
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Tata Motors has commenced the bookings for the all-new Safari. Customers can now book the new Tata Safari at a refundable amount of Rs 30,000. The booking can be done either by Tata's official website or by visiting the nearest Tata Motors Authorized Dealership. Furthermore, the company has said that the price announcement and deliveries of the all-new Safari will begin on 22nd February.
According to Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, "The new Safari has received a great response especially with respect to its premium design and outstanding comfort in all 3 rows of seats during the preview drives by our media friends. We are gearing up in full power to launch our iconic brand in this new avatar. Starting today, Safari is available for display, test drive and bookings across our network. We are confident that the Safari will instill a feeling of power, prestige and excitement to our customers."
The SUV also features the brand's latest iRA connected technology. Users can connect to the car's infotainment unit using a dedicated application offered by the company. The mobile application allows the user to remotely control a host of features of the SUV. This is the same technology that made its debut on the Altroz iTurbo.
Speaking about the exterior design of the Safari, it borrows most of its design and features from the brand's Harrier SUV. However, there are subtle changes such as a new Tri-Arrow chrome grille, new front bumpers, redesigned taillamps and boot-lid, stepped roof with integrated roof-rails and a larger 18-inch alloy wheel.
The new Safari is packed with features across trim levels making each variant desirable in its own way. The base XE variant offers dual airbags, all-disc brakes, electronic stability program along with hill hold control and rollover mitigation. The sought after Multi Drive Modes & touchscreen music system starts from XM variant onwards.
The trim above that, the XT variant offers iRA connectivity, fully automatic climate control and the widest panoramic sunroof in the segment. Furthermore, the top of the line XZ variant offers xenon HID projector headlamps, terrain response modes, six airbags, electronic parking brakes with auto hold, 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment with 9 JBL speakers and a subwoofer, powered driver seat and a panoramic sunroof.
Under the bonnet, the Tata SUV is powered by the same 2.0-litre diesel engine that is offered on the Harrier. The power and torque figures remain the same at 170bhp and 350Nm, respectively. The gearbox options also remain identical to the ones seen on the Harrier. The engine is paired with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts About The All-New Tata Safari
The all-new Tata Safari will cater to the growing demand for three-row SUV in the Indian market. The new SUV does miss out on the 4WD system, which was offered on the earlier generation models. The new Safari will go up against the likes of the MG Hector Plus and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.