- 8 hrs ago New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Railway Transportation Milestone Mark Achieved: Ships Over 7.2 Lakh Vehicles
- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold As The Toyota Belta: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Launched In India At Rs 93,690: The Naked-Street Enters The 125cc Segment
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 April 20 Highlights: Bigg Boss Takes Away All The Luxuries From The Contestants
- Sports European Super League: Breakaway competition appears to crumble as Chelsea, Man City lead reported exodus
- News Indian COVID variant still under investigation in UK, not yet of concern: Boris Johnson
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Lifestyle 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
Tata Motors is all set to introduce the turbo-petrol powered Altroz premium hatchback in the Indian market. The new Tata Altroz 'Turbo' will go on sale in India on the 13th of January 2021, with Tata already having released a teaser for the same.
Ahead of its launch, the new Tata Altroz ‘Turbo' has been spied in Goa undergoing its TVC shoot. As seen from the spy video by Aditya Tendulkar/YouTube, the premium hatchback can be seen in the new Marina Blue paint scheme, with the ‘Turbo' badging on the bottom part of the boot-lid.
Looking at the spy pics, we can also notice that the new Turbo variant will remain identical to the standard model in terms of its design. The spy pics show no cosmetic changes on the turbo variant, apart from the new paint scheme.
The Tata Altroz was first launched in India back in January 2020 and was the brand's first product to be part of its new ‘ALFA' architecture. Now one year later the turbo-petrol variant of the premium hatchback is set to enter the market.
Mechanically, the new Tata Altroz ‘Turbo' variant will be offered with the same 1.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine, which also powers the Nexon SUV. However, for the Altroz, Tata Motors has de-tuned the engine which now produces 108bhp and 150Nm of peak torque. The same engine on the Tata Nexon churns out 118bhp and 170Nm of peak torque.
The turbo-petrol engine on the Tata Altroz will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. There is also a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission under development for the Altroz turbo, however, this gearbox will be introduced at a slightly later stage.
The turbo-petrol engine option could be offered only on the mid and top-spec variants of the Altroz premium hatchback. Prices for the Altroz turbo will also be at a slight premium compared to the regular models. The new Tata Altroz turbo is expected to come with a starting price of Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz ‘Turbo' Variant Spied During A TV Commercial Shoot
The Tata Altroz Turbo variant will rival the likes of the Volkswagen Polo in the premium hatchback segment, which also comes powered by a turbo-petrol engine option.