- 22 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Tsitsipas taking inspiration from the gold medallist grandfather he has never met
- Movies Karan Johar: I Cannot Backslap Shah Rukh Khan; He Is A Very Spiritual Person [Flashback]
- News Govt 'insulting' farmers, it must repeal farm laws: Priyanka
- Finance Top 5 Banks Offering Best Interest Rates On 3-Year Fixed Deposits In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Tata Motors is all set to introduce the turbo-petrol powered Altroz premium hatchback in the Indian market. The new Tata Altroz 'Turbo' will go on sale in India on the 13th of January 2021, with Tata already having released a teaser for the same.
Ahead of its launch, the new Tata Altroz ‘Turbo' has been spied in Goa undergoing its TVC shoot. As seen from the spy video by Aditya Tendulkar/YouTube, the premium hatchback can be seen in the new Marina Blue paint scheme, with the ‘Turbo' badging on the bottom part of the boot-lid.
Looking at the spy pics, we can also notice that the new Turbo variant will remain identical to the standard model in terms of its design. The spy pics show no cosmetic changes on the turbo variant, apart from the new paint scheme.
The Tata Altroz was first launched in India back in January 2020 and was the brand's first product to be part of its new ‘ALFA' architecture. Now one year later the turbo-petrol variant of the premium hatchback is set to enter the market.
Mechanically, the new Tata Altroz ‘Turbo' variant will be offered with the same 1.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine, which also powers the Nexon SUV. However, for the Altroz, Tata Motors has de-tuned the engine which now produces 108bhp and 150Nm of peak torque. The same engine on the Tata Nexon churns out 118bhp and 170Nm of peak torque.
The turbo-petrol engine on the Tata Altroz will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. There is also a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission under development for the Altroz turbo, however, this gearbox will be introduced at a slightly later stage.
The turbo-petrol engine option could be offered only on the mid and top-spec variants of the Altroz premium hatchback. Prices for the Altroz turbo will also be at a slight premium compared to the regular models. The new Tata Altroz turbo is expected to come with a starting price of Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz ‘Turbo' Variant Spied During A TV Commercial Shoot
The Tata Altroz Turbo variant will rival the likes of the Volkswagen Polo in the premium hatchback segment, which also comes powered by a turbo-petrol engine option.