- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Sujoy Ghosh To Join Hands For A Thriller, Film To Roll In February: Report
- Lifestyle Happy Valmiki Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook And Whatsapp Status
- News BJP MLA from Ayodhya sentenced to 5 years in prison for producing fake mark sheet to get college admission
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Tata Motors will be launching the Altroz turbo-petrol variant on January 13, 2021. Ahead of its launch, the upcoming performance variant of the Altroz has been spotted several times revealing some of its new features.
Now, some more details of the Altroz turbo-petrol have been revealed by a leaked document from Rushlane. According to the leaked document, the company will be making changes to the variant and colour options that are currently available with the premium hatchback.
After the upcoming update, the standard variant of the Altroz will be available in a total of six variants: XE, XM, XM+, XT, XZ and XZ+. However, the turbo-petrol engine option will be available only on the top-specs trims such as XT, XZ and XZ+.
The document also reveals the upcoming performance variant of the hatchback will be called the "iTurbo". This was first revealed when Tata Motors accidentally teased the upcoming Altroz turbo-petrol engine on its official website.
Moving to the other feature addition on the Altroz iTurbo, it will be offered with two selectable drive modes: Sport & City. In comparison, the standard variant will also be offered with multiple drive modes that are aimed towards fuel efficiency: Eco & City.
The ‘Sport' mode on the turbo-petrol variant is expected to offer maximum performance from the new engine. It would also include a sharper throttle response for better acceleration from the turbo-petrol motor.
Other changes include a black contrasting roof for the turbo-petrol variant on the base-spec XT trim and 14-inch steel wheels with half hub caps. The XZ and the XZ+ trims of the iTurbo variant of the hatchback will have improved sound system with 2 additional tweeters as compared to the standard variant.
The interior colour of the hatchback will be updated from all-black to Light Grey scheme across all variants. The company has also discontinued the silver colour from the Altroz's paint palette. It will be replaced by the Marina Blue colour, which will available on variants XM+ and above.
The Altroz turbo will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol three-cylinder unit that is turbocharged. It is expected to produce a maximum of 108bhp and a peak torque of 140Nm. The new engine will continue to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
According to the report, the much speculated DCT automatic option on the Altroz will be offered at a later date. The automatic on the turbo variant will most likely be a dry-clutch DCT sourced from Punch powertrains. More details will be revealed at the time of the launch in a few days.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
The company is making more changes to the hatchback apart from adding a new engine option. However, the most anticipated DCT option with the Altroz could be launched at a later date. Tata Motors will be offering the new turbo-petrol engine option in mid-spec and top-spec variants, which will help attract more buyers in the market.