- 2 hrs ago Yamaha MT-15 With Dual-Channel ABS To Be Launched Soon; Prices Set To Increase Again
- 17 hrs ago Next-Gen Skoda Octavia Spotted Testing Without Camouflage: Launching In India Soon
- 18 hrs ago Tata Motors To Set Up Vehicle Scrapyards In India: Four Scrapyards Planned Initially
- 21 hrs ago Next-Gen Royal Enfield Classic 350 Digital Instrument Cluster & Tripper Navigation Revealed In Spy Video
- News Where was Lord Hanuman born? Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh epic fight over Janmabhoomi
- Finance High Dividend Yield Stocks May Not Be The Right Choice: Here's Why
- Movies Sara Ali Khan Sharing Her Snowy Adventures With Her Mother Amrita Singh Is Unmissable
- Technology OneWeb Signs MoU With Kazakhstan Government To Offer Broadband Services
- Sports IPL 2021: Sangakkara backs Samson's decision to retain strike for last ball
- Lifestyle Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Tata Motors has unveiled the much-awaited iTurbo version of their Altroz premium hatchback in the Indian market. The new Tata Altroz iTurbo model comes with a number of new features and equipment, along with the introduction of connected technology.
Tata Motors has also announced the start of bookings for the Altroz iTurbo model. Customers can book the iTurbo version either online or via the brand's dealerships across India for Rs 11,000. The company has also confirmed that the Tata Altroz iTurbo will go on sale in the Indian market from the 22nd of January, 2021. Deliveries will begin soon after the model is introduced.
The new Tata Altroz iTurbo will be available only on the brand's top-spec variants: XT, XZ and XZ+ trim. The new iTurbo variants of the Tata Altroz will now also feature a new paint scheme in the form of ‘Harbour Blue'.
This new paint scheme will be available on the iTurbo variants, alongside the standard colour palette, which includes High Street Gold, Downtown Red, Midtown Grey and Avenue White.
Other changes on the new Tata Altroz iTurbo also include the addition of a few new additional features. This includes a leatherette seat upholstery, new black and light grey dual-tone cabin, wearable key, two additional tweeters and Xpress cool. However, the most important feature update is the inclusion of connected technology, called IRA.
The IRA connected technology on the Tata Altroz iTurbo comes paired with a dedicated app on the smartphone offering a host of additional features. This includes location-based services, vehicle diagnostics and remote lock/unlock function. The connected technology also comes with voice assistance capable of understanding over 70 commands in Hindi, English and Hinglish.
Having said that, the most important update on the new Tata Altroz iTurbo is the addition of a new engine. This comes in the form of a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 108bhp and 140Nm of peak torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox. The engine also features multiple driving modes: Sport & City and is said to offer superior performance and handling.
The Tata Altroz iTurbo also claims that the premium hatchback is capable of sprinting from 0 - 100km/h in 11.9 seconds. It is also said to be highly fuel-efficient returning 18.13km/l, as per the MIDC cycle.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz iTurbo Petrol Variant Unveiled In India
The Tata Atlroz ITurbo variant will be sold alongside the model's regular trims in the Indian market. Once introduced in India, the new iTurbo variants will be priced at a slight premium compared to their standard counterparts. The new Tata Altroz iTurbo will take on rivals such as the new Hyundai i20 and the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI in the premium hatchback segment.