- 1 hr ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 4 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 5 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 7 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- Movies Prime Video Announces Psychological Thriller 'Bestseller' Starring Mithun Chakraborty, Shruti Haasan
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Gujarat Giants vs Dabang Delhi Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle NeoCov: Wuhan Scientists Warn of New Coronavirus Strain With High Death, Infection Rate
- Finance Union Budget 2022: 23: What The Telecom Sector Can Expect?
- Technology Realme 9 Pro 5G Series To Launch On Feb 15 Globally; When Is It Coming To India?
- News Sidhu a cruel man, drove mother out of home alleges sister
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Bihar In Winter Of 2022
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
Tata Motors announces a reward for Tokyo Olympic athletes who have missed winning the Bronze medal in the competition. The company will be gifting a new Tata Altroz in High Street Gold colour.
The athletes who have missed winning the Bronze medal at the latest Tokyo Olympics include the Indian women's hockey team, golfer Aditi Ashok and wrestler Deepak Punia; among others.
In a statement, the company said: "These players represented India in the Olympics and have set the Gold standard and inspired several other aspirings, young sportspersons in India to follow in their path. To thank and recognize these homegrown players for their sheer hard work and dedication, Tata Motors will be delivering its most premium hatch, the Altroz, in the High Street Gold colour, to these players soon."
Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, said, "For India, this Olympics was about a lot more than medals and podium finishes. We are fortunate to celebrate the effort and spirit of our athletes representing our country, competing under the highest pressure against the absolute best talent the world has to offer and coming extremely close to a podium finish."
He further added, "They might have missed a medal but they have won the hearts of millions of Indians, with their dedication and are a true inspiration for budding athletes in India. The Tata Altroz has set new benchmarks in its segment by achieving the gold standard in safety, design and performance. It is our privilege to honour the spirit of these pathbreakers and present them a small token that signifies the gold standard - the Altroz."
Regarding the car itself, the Altroz is the brand's premium hatchback offering in India. It is offered in three engine options: 1.2-litre (NA) Naturally Aspirated petrol, 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre turbo-diesel. All engines come paired with a 5-speed manual as standard.
1.2-litre NA petrol
- Max power: 85bhp 6,000rpm
- Peak torque: 113Nm 3,300rpm
- Max power: 108bhp 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 140Nm 5,500rpm
- Max power: 89bhp 4,000rpm
- Peak torque: 200Nm 3,000rpm
The Altroz is also one of the best-looking premium hatchback models in the country. Some of the highlighting features of the hatchback include LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Gifting The Altroz To Indian Tokyo Olympic Athletes
Preparing for the Olympic game is certainly no joke as the athletes would have put their heart and soul into it. Despite the hard work, sometimes the athletes will miss out on winning a medal in the competition.
In the Toyoko Olympics held recently many athletes such as the India Women's Hockey team, Aditi Ashok and Deepak Punia missed the Bronze medal by a whisker. To encourage them for the next season of Olympic games and to appreciate their effort in this season, Tata Motors will be gifting them the Altroz in High Street Gold colour to symbolize that their winning of Gold for their efforts.