- 2 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 20 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 22 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 1 day ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- Lifestyle What Is Psychedelic Therapy? Benefits And Risks Of The Future Of Mental Health Treatment
- News 'Discriminatory': India on UK quarantine policy
- Movies Arun Vijay’s Heartfelt Gesture At B Rajasekhar’s Father’s Funeral Receives Praise, DOP Thanks The Actor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: A Strong Statement For Flip Phones in 2021
- Sports IPL 2021, PBKS vs RR: Match 32 Updates: Punjab Kings eye winning start against Rajasthan Royals
- Finance 6 Best NRI Investment Options To Consider In 2021
- Education BHU Releases Entrance Exam Schedule 2021-22 For UG, PG Courses, Check Exam Dates Here
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
Tata Motors announces a reward for Tokyo Olympic athletes who have missed winning the Bronze medal in the competition. The company will be gifting a new Tata Altroz in High Street Gold colour.
The athletes who have missed winning the Bronze medal at the latest Tokyo Olympics include the Indian women's hockey team, golfer Aditi Ashok and wrestler Deepak Punia; among others.
In a statement, the company said: "These players represented India in the Olympics and have set the Gold standard and inspired several other aspirings, young sportspersons in India to follow in their path. To thank and recognize these homegrown players for their sheer hard work and dedication, Tata Motors will be delivering its most premium hatch, the Altroz, in the High Street Gold colour, to these players soon."
Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, said, "For India, this Olympics was about a lot more than medals and podium finishes. We are fortunate to celebrate the effort and spirit of our athletes representing our country, competing under the highest pressure against the absolute best talent the world has to offer and coming extremely close to a podium finish."
He further added, "They might have missed a medal but they have won the hearts of millions of Indians, with their dedication and are a true inspiration for budding athletes in India. The Tata Altroz has set new benchmarks in its segment by achieving the gold standard in safety, design and performance. It is our privilege to honour the spirit of these pathbreakers and present them a small token that signifies the gold standard - the Altroz."
Regarding the car itself, the Altroz is the brand's premium hatchback offering in India. It is offered in three engine options: 1.2-litre (NA) Naturally Aspirated petrol, 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre turbo-diesel. All engines come paired with a 5-speed manual as standard.
1.2-litre NA petrol
- Max power: 85bhp @ 6,000rpm
- Peak torque: 113Nm @ 3,300rpm
- Max power: 108bhp @ 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 140Nm @ 5,500rpm
- Max power: 89bhp @ 4,000rpm
- Peak torque: 200Nm @ 3,000rpm
The Altroz is also one of the best-looking premium hatchback models in the country. Some of the highlighting features of the hatchback include LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Gifting The Altroz To Indian Tokyo Olympic Athletes
Preparing for the Olympic game is certainly no joke as the athletes would have put their heart and soul into it. Despite the hard work, sometimes the athletes will miss out on winning a medal in the competition.
In the Toyoko Olympics held recently many athletes such as the India Women's Hockey team, Aditi Ashok and Deepak Punia missed the Bronze medal by a whisker. To encourage them for the next season of Olympic games and to appreciate their effort in this season, Tata Motors will be gifting them the Altroz in High Street Gold colour to symbolize that their winning of Gold for their efforts.