- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 Actor Nakuul Mehta Shares An Update About His Health, Thanks Fans For Their Wishes
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Tata Motors is gearing up to launch several EVs in the coming years including the Altroz EV. The premium hatchback is rumoured to feature 500kms of range. This will be the Indian brand's fourth electric vehicle in the country after Tiago EV, Tigor EV, and the ever-popular Nexon EV.
The new Altroz EV will also be the first car from the brand to be based on the ALFA platform, and like the Nexon, the battery pack will be liquid-cooled for maintaining ideal efficiency.
The new electric-only variant of the Altroz will be launched in the coming months and will use the brand's ‘Ziptron' electric powertrain. Even though this powertrain also powers the Nexon EV, for the upcoming Altroz EV, Tata Motors could add an additional battery pack for additional range.
According to Tata Motors, the new battery pack will add 20-40% more range to the vehicle for a total of 500kms of range on a single charge. Since the Tata Altroz EV will pack a larger battery pack compared to Nexon EV, expect longer charging times.
However, it is unclear whether Tata will make any changes to charging hardware to improve the charging rate. Expect the Nexon EV to also get a similar battery pack for improved range as well as better standardisation of parts for easier manufacturing.
As of now, the Tata Nexon EV packs in a 30.2 kWh battery pack with a 127bhp electric motor. In this specification, the Nexon EV delivers 312km of range on a single charge as per ARAI.
Also, the new Tata Altroz EV will benefit from the Government of India's FAME-II benefits, this will bring down the Altroz EVs price from the expected Rs 12 lakh to just Rs 10 lakh for the base variant.
Apart from the introduction of EVs the company is working towards improving the charging infrastructure in the country. According to the latest deal between Tata Power and HPCL, the automaker's sister company will set up high-powered charging stations at HPCL outlets across the country.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz EV Featuring 500 Kilometers Range
Tata Motors is in an aggressive EV campaign to launch as many as 10 new EVs by 2025. The new Altroz EV is just one of those 10 new EVs Tata will add to its portfolio.