- 11 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 14 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 19 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Finance Zee Entertainment To Merge With Sony Pictures; Punit Goenka To Remain MD & CEO
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha: Naga Chaitanya Reveals What He Learnt From Aamir Khan While Working With Him
- Sports IPL 2021: Anil Kumble angry after Punjab Kings' 2--run defeat to Rajasthan Royals, calls it 'bitter pill'
- News Australia: Magnitude 5.8 earthquake causes some damage in Melbourne city
- Technology Tarbull MusicMate 550 Review: Ideal Choice For Music Lovers?
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Skoda Auto has re-introduced the entry-level 'Rider' variant of the Rapid sedan in the Indian market. The new Skoda Rapid Rider has been relaunched in India with a price tag of Rs 7.79 lakh; this is Rs 30,000 more than its previous list price. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Skoda Rapid Rider now rejoins the sedan's variant lineup, consisting of the Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style & Monte Carlo. Even with the price hike of Rs 30,000, the Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to be the most affordable sedan compared to its rivals in the segment.
The 2021 Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to carry forward the same features as before. This includes a 2-DIN audio system with four speakers and Bluetooth connectivity, front and rear charging sockets, automatic climate control, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual airbags, ABS and many others.
Apart from the re-introduction of the entry-level variant, Skoda has also hiked the prices of its other trims by Rs 20,000 as well. The second variant, the Skoda Rapid Rider Plus is now priced at Rs 8.19 lakh for the manual and Rs 9.69 lakh for the automatic trims.
The range-topping Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is now offered with a price tag of Rs 11.99 lakh and Rs 13.69 lakh for the manual and automatic variants, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the addition of the Rider variant and the price hike across the lineup, no other changes have been made to the sedan. The Skoda Rapid continues to be powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard. Higher-spec trims also receive a six-speed torque converter automatic as well.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider Variant Being Re-Introduced In The Lineup
The Skoda Rapid Rider is one of the most popular variants of the sedan in the Indian market. The base-spec Rider trim has also been priced strategically to undercut its competition. This includes the Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.