- 5 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 7 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Skoda Auto has re-introduced the entry-level 'Rider' variant of the Rapid sedan in the Indian market. The new Skoda Rapid Rider has been relaunched in India with a price tag of Rs 7.79 lakh; this is Rs 30,000 more than its previous list price. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Skoda Rapid Rider now rejoins the sedan's variant lineup, consisting of the Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style & Monte Carlo. Even with the price hike of Rs 30,000, the Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to be the most affordable sedan compared to its rivals in the segment.
The 2021 Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to carry forward the same features as before. This includes a 2-DIN audio system with four speakers and Bluetooth connectivity, front and rear charging sockets, automatic climate control, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual airbags, ABS and many others.
Apart from the re-introduction of the entry-level variant, Skoda has also hiked the prices of its other trims by Rs 20,000 as well. The second variant, the Skoda Rapid Rider Plus is now priced at Rs 8.19 lakh for the manual and Rs 9.69 lakh for the automatic trims.
The range-topping Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is now offered with a price tag of Rs 11.99 lakh and Rs 13.69 lakh for the manual and automatic variants, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the addition of the Rider variant and the price hike across the lineup, no other changes have been made to the sedan. The Skoda Rapid continues to be powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard. Higher-spec trims also receive a six-speed torque converter automatic as well.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider Variant Being Re-Introduced In The Lineup
The Skoda Rapid Rider is one of the most popular variants of the sedan in the Indian market. The base-spec Rider trim has also been priced strategically to undercut its competition. This includes the Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.