- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Finance Nifty Opens 180 Points Higher; RailTel Gains 11%
- News Bank Holidays March 2021: On these dates banks will remain closed in India, check full list here
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Movies Golden Globes 2021 Winners List Live Updates: Chadwick Boseman Wins Best Actor In Motion Picture
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For March 1, 2021: Win Amazon Pay Balance Of Rs. 10,000
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Skoda Auto has re-introduced the entry-level 'Rider' variant of the Rapid sedan in the Indian market. The new Skoda Rapid Rider has been relaunched in India with a price tag of Rs 7.79 lakh; this is Rs 30,000 more than its previous list price. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Skoda Rapid Rider now rejoins the sedan's variant lineup, consisting of the Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style & Monte Carlo. Even with the price hike of Rs 30,000, the Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to be the most affordable sedan compared to its rivals in the segment.
The 2021 Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to carry forward the same features as before. This includes a 2-DIN audio system with four speakers and Bluetooth connectivity, front and rear charging sockets, automatic climate control, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual airbags, ABS and many others.
Apart from the re-introduction of the entry-level variant, Skoda has also hiked the prices of its other trims by Rs 20,000 as well. The second variant, the Skoda Rapid Rider Plus is now priced at Rs 8.19 lakh for the manual and Rs 9.69 lakh for the automatic trims.
The range-topping Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is now offered with a price tag of Rs 11.99 lakh and Rs 13.69 lakh for the manual and automatic variants, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the addition of the Rider variant and the price hike across the lineup, no other changes have been made to the sedan. The Skoda Rapid continues to be powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard. Higher-spec trims also receive a six-speed torque converter automatic as well.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider Variant Being Re-Introduced In The Lineup
The Skoda Rapid Rider is one of the most popular variants of the sedan in the Indian market. The base-spec Rider trim has also been priced strategically to undercut its competition. This includes the Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.