- 34 min ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 2 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- Finance Job Postings In Travel & Tourism Sector Sees 4 Percent Rise In December: Report
- Movies Bigg Boss Ultimate Grand Launch: Start Date, TV Timings And Live Streaming Details On Disney+Hotstar!
- News Republic Day 2022 Live Updates: President Kovind to address the nation at 7 pm
- Sports Australian Open: Nadal refutes Shapovalov's claims of special treatment
- Technology Redmi Note 11s India Pricing & Detailed Features Revealed Ahead Of Feb 9 Launch
- Lifestyle Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight, The Key For Good Health
- Education UCEED Answer Key 2022 Released At uceed.iitb.ac.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Skoda has made a couple of minor upgrades to the Rapid sedan in India. The company would be pushing out a few cosmetic upgrades to the Monte Carlo and the Onyx variants of the sedan in India.
The company will be making a few changes to the exteriors of the Monte Carlo variant. This includes a new side spoiler, front lip spoiler finished in silver, rear spoiler and diffuser, ORVMs finished in gloss black and backed-out alloy wheels.
The report also revealed the changes made to the Onyx variant of the Rapid sedan. The exteriors changes include new chrome grille surrounds, front lip spoiler and side mouldings finished in silver.
It also features a silver-finished roof and ORVMs along with blacked-out alloy wheels. Changes on the inside of Skoda Rapid Onyx is limited to a new black and silver seat upholstery.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, both variants will continue to remain the same mechanically. The Skoda Rapid is currently available in six variants: Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The Onyx is a mid-spec variant of the Rapid, while the Monte Carlo sits at the top-of-the-range.
The Skoda Rapid currently retails at a starting price of Rs 7.79 lakh, ex-showroom. The Onyx variant is available in both manual and automatic transmission options and retails at Rs 10.19 lakh and 11.69 lakh, respectively. On the other hand, the Monte Carlo manual is priced at Rs 11.99 lakh, while the automatic costs Rs 13.29 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter.
Skoda also claims that the AT version of the Rapid sedan will return a mileage of 16.24km/l under certified test conditions. While the manual variants return a certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, multifunction steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more depending on the variant.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo & Onyx Variants Getting Minor Cosmetic Updates
The Skoda Rapid has brought in good sales numbers for the brand in India. The new changes made to the popular variants in the sedan's line-up gives it a fresh look. The Skoda Rapid rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market.