- 10 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 13 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- News TN will not implement NEP, to form expert panel to formulate State policy: CM Stalin
- Movies ZEE5 Original Film Rashmi Rocket Breaks Stereotypes And Records; Garners 12 Million+ Views Across Platforms
- Sports T20 World Cup: It was world class performance from Zampa: Finch
- Education MHT CET 2021 Toppers List: 28 Students Emerge As Toppers, Score 100 Percentile In Maharashtra CET
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Skoda Rapid Matte Edition launched in India and pricing starts from Rs 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
Skoda Rapid is one of the best-selling models for Skoda Auto India, and the brand has been consistently updating the model with newer editions to keep the model fresh.
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition is available in both manual and automatic transmission variants.
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition sports a Carbon Steel matte paint and it is the only exterior colour option.
In this new Carbon Steel matte shade, the Skoda Rapid looks a lot sportier than the standard version. This sporty theme is further complemented by the use of glossy black finish on front grille, door handles, ORVMs, and rear spoiler.
Apart from these, the rear diffuser, the alloy wheels, the side mouldings, and the window surrounds get a similar black treatment for an even more sinister look.
Moving inside, the dark theme continues with a sporty Tellur Grey theme on the dashboard. Complimenting this dark theme are the seats wrapped in black leatherette upholstery and Alcantara.
Features-wise, the Skoda Rapid Matte Edition comes equipped with a decent-sized 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a rear-view camera, an air purifier, steering mounted controls, Bluetooth connectivity, and many more.
The Skoda Rapid Matte Edition also comes with a set of steel scuff plates with ‘Rapd' inscription and engine immobilizer as standard.
Skoda Rapid is also one of the safer sedans in India and offers safety features like rear parking sensors, anti-glare, auto-dimming IRVM, rear windscreen defogger with timer, height-adjustable 3-point seat belts, dual front airbags, ABS with EBS, and a few more
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition is powered by the same 1.0-litre 3-cylinder TSI petrol engine powering the standard Skoda Rapid models. This engine produces 108 bhp at 5000 - 5500 rpm and 175 Nm of torque at 1750 - 4000 rpm.
This engine comes mated either to a 6-speed manual transmission or a quick-shifting 7-speed DCTgearbox.
Skoda Auto India is also offering a Shield Plus package which includes insurance, 24x7 roadside assistance, and an extended warranty. The Pricing for the Skoda Rapid range starts from Rs 7.79 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About The New Skoda Rapid Matte Edition
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition has somehow managed to keep the ageing sedan fresh. The Carbon Steel matte paint along with glossy black elements on the exterior makes the sedan look sporty and sinister.