- 9 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 12 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 16 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Samsung, Realme, Poco, And More Mobile Brands Discount Reveling Dates
- News Engaging with India over recognising Covidshield vaccine certificate: UK
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 25 Lakh Question That Stumped Pankaj Kumar Singh On Amitabh Bachchan’s Show?
- Finance 2 Major Reasons Why Nifty Metal Sank 7% Today
- Sports England pulls out of Pakistan tour just days after New Zealand abandon series
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
Skoda launched the Octavia RS 245 at the 2020 Auto Expo in the Indian market. The company brought only 200 examples of the performance sedan to the country. The Skoda Octavia RS 245 initially received an overwhelming response.
There were also rumours of the sedan being sold out within months after its launch in the Indian market. Later it was denied by company officials saying, the Octavia RS 245 is very much available in the country.
Over a year after its launch, a recent tweet from Zac Hollins, Director for Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India, reveals that there are still a handful of examples up for grabs in the country.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 entered the Indian market during the initial stages of the Covid-19 pandemic. Paired with a steep price tag of Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom (India), the sedan went up against the premium brands such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and more.
As mentioned before, the instantly appealed to the crowd present at the Expo with its styling and performance on offer. The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is an exceptional performance sedan with good equipment and features.
However, it seems like the price tag has played its part in the price-sensitive Indian market. The dealers can still sell the Octavia RS 245 as it did not need homologation under new Indian import rules. Also, the sedan is Euro 6 compliant, which is a stricter emission standard than BS6 in India.
Indian import rules now dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 242 brake horsepower and 370Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission and features paddle shifters.
The ground clearance has reduced with changes made to the suspension set up of the car, and street and track performance sees an improvement with a set of high-grip tyres. The Octavia RS 245 can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 6.6 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
Thoughts About The Skoda Octavia RS 245 Still On Sale After Its Launch At 2020 Auto Expo
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is packed with performance and features. However, Indian buyers struggle to make a purchase decision due to the steep price tag of the performance sedan. As a result, a handful of Octavia RS 245 examples are still up for grabs for the enthusiast buyers in the country.