- 2 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 17 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 18 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News BJP leader performs havan to ward off COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
The Skoda Kushaq and the Volkswagen Taigun are the first products that will be launched under the India 2.0 Project. As a result, both SUV will be featuring a host of new features and loaded with modern tech. This includes the new Volkswagen Play infotainment system.
According to the recent report from Autocar India, the upcoming SUVs will feature the new infotainment system when launched in India. The new infotainment system made its debut last year on the Volkswagen Nivus SUV.
The Play infotainment system has been jointly developed by Visteon and VW Brazil. The system features a 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1540x720 pixels. The infotainment system also features a split-screen layout for intuitive operation.
The user experience of the infotainment system is further enhanced by the addition of applications. The Indian-spec units will feature built-in music streaming applications like Gaana.com and more.
Users will also have an option to choose a profile and set up the system as per their taste. This helps when the car is being driven by others. Each can switch to their profile along with a simple tap on the screen.
Staying true to the current trend of connected technologies, the system will also support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The VW Play is also compatible with eSIM based internet connectivity feature to enable steaming service and could feature in-car Wi-Fi as well.
In terms of safety, the VW Play infotainment system will also be a rear-view camera monitor. IT will also feature a valet mode, where owners can block all details via passcode before giving the vehicle to the valet.
Other interior features on both SUVs include a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof, keyless entry, rear ac vents, and cruise control; among others.
The Volkswagen Taigun and the Skoda Kushaq will be offered with the same two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
The 1.0-litre unit will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine dishes out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm.
The Volkswagen Taigun and the Skoda Kushaq are expected to arrive during the festive season this year in India. Once launched, both SUVs will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and the Renault Duster; among other segment competitors.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq & Volkswagen Taigun Receiving New Infotainment System
The in-car experience has taken prominence in recent times in the Indian market. The primary element that adds to the in-car experience is the infotainment system of the vehicle. Volkswagen Group has decided to provide both the SUVs with the latest infotainment system with a host of features to enhance the overall experience of the car.