- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Motorcycle Prototype Ready; Launch Delayed Due To COVID-19
- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Prices Hiked — Increase Of Up To Rs 15,000 Across Variants
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive This Festive Season
- Technology Airtel Revises Prepaid Plan; Removes Rs. 49 Recharge Pack
- News Fighting alongside Taliban, how Pak’s Lashkar is adding to woes of Afghansitan
- Movies Naseeruddin Shah On Criticising Dilip Kumar: Was My Dream To Act With & Not Opposite Him
- Finance Solid Double-Digit Growth in India, Latin America Adds To Apple's Record Revenue of USD 81.4 bn
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Archer Pravin Jadhav bows out after defeat to world number 1 in Men's Individual event
- Education Uttarakhand: Schools Set To Reopen For Classes 6 To 12 From August 1
- Lifestyle Blood Flow Restriction At Tokyo Olympics 2020: Popular Fitness Trend Among Olympians
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Skoda Kushaq variants and available engine options are leaked ahead of its launch in India. Skoda will launch the Kushaq On June 28 and will be offered in three variants.
The leaked image reveals that the company will offer the Kushaq in Active, Ambition and Style variants.
Variant-Wise Engine Options
The Kushaq will be available in two turbo-petrol engine options of capacities 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre. Both engines will be offered with a choice of manual and automatic gearbox options
The 1.0-litre engine paired with a six-speed manual is offered as standard across all variants. The optional 6-speed torque converter automatic on the same engine is limited to Ambition and Style variants
Moving to the top-spec 1.5-litre unit, the engine is offered only on the Kushaq Style variant. Customers opting for the powerful engine can choose between a 6-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
Max power: 108bhp @ 5,500rpm
Peak torque: 175Nm @ 1,750rpm
1.5-litre four-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
Max power: 148bhp @ 6,000rpm
Peak torque: 250Nm @ 3,500rpm
The Skoda Kushaq uses a modified version of the brand's globally renowned MQB platform. The modified MQB A0 IN platform features a longer wheelbase than its global counterpart to suit Indian buyers.
Some of the highlighting exterior features of the Kushaq include all-around body cladding, rand's signature butterfly grille, LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillamps, faux skid plates at both ends, and chunky looking alloy wheels.
Similarly, standout interior features of the SUV includes a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto wireless connectivity, a TFT display for the instrument cluster, rear ac vents, electric sunroof and more. Here are all the features that are expected on the Kushaq.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Variants & Engine Options Leaked Ahead Of India
The Skoda Kushaq will be the brand's mid-size SUV offering in India. The company is offering multiple engines and transmission options catering to segment buyers. The Kushaq rivals the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Sonet and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun in India.
Leaked Image Source: TeamBHP