- 19 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- 23 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Launching On August 15 — Most-Awaited EV Launch To Happen On Independence Day
- 23 hrs ago INS Vikrant Sea Trials Begin — All You Need To Know About The Made-In-India Aircraft Carrier
- 23 hrs ago Honda Amaze Facelift Bookings Open: New Teaser Released Ahead Of India Launch
- Technology Realme GT Flash With MagDart Support Tipped; 15/50W Magnetic Wireless Charging In Tow
- Movies EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW! Splitsvilla 13’s Evicted Contestant Samarthya Gupta: Nikita, Don’t Talk Too Much!
- News Pegasus row: Allegations of snooping, if correct, are serious, says SC
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Finance Buy These 3 PSU Bank Stocks, They Are Available At Discount To Long-Term Averages
- Sports 'Indian bowling attack probably the most potent,' England batting coach Marcus Trescothick
- Education Tokyo Olympics: India Bags Bronze After 41 Years, All You Need To Know About Indian Men’s Hockey Squad
- Travel Best Places To Visit In North India In September
Skoda has globally unveiled its all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. The SUV will be positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector & the Tata Harrier.
Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome.
Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED taillights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
Moving inside, the Skoda Kushaq can be seen with a unique two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls. The SUV also comes with leather-wrapped seats, along with soft-touch materials giving it a premium feel all around. The cabin also offers plenty of space, thanks to the segment-largest wheelbase of 2651mm.
Depending on the variant, the Skoda Kushaq also comes packed with features, technology and safety equipment. This includes a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, fully-digital instrument cluster, ambient lighting, automatic climate control, ventilated front seats, large storage spaces all around, electric sunroof, USB type-C charging ports, rear AC vents, wireless charging and many more.
In terms of safety, the SUV comes with hill-hold assist, six airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, multi-collision brake, TPMS, rear parking sensors, rearview camera and ISOFIX child seat anchorages and plenty more.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
The Skoda Kushaq upon launch will be offered in a range of five colour options. These include three standard options: Candy White, Reflex Silver and Carbon Steel. There are also two Kushaq exclusive paint schemes in the form of Honey Orange and Tornado Red.
The Skoda Kushaq will go on sale in the Indian market in the coming months. While there is no official news about the price range for the SUV, we expect the Kushaq to be offered with a price range between Rs 14 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kushaq Global Unveil
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. The Skoda Kushaq will be an extremely competitive offering from the Czech brand in the Indian market and could witness a huge demand, having already created a positive hype.