- 9 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 14 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 110 ABS Model Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 65,920
- 14 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: Comes Slideways Ready!
- Movies Kunchacko Boban-Nayanthara Duo's Nizhal Gets A Release Date?
- News Samyukta Kisan Morcha seeks judicial probe into Republic Day violence
- Sports India vs England: 'You can try your luck sometimes': Pant explains reverse-sweep that stunned Anderson
- Technology Redmi Note 10s, Redmi Note 10 5G Gets BIS Certification; Might Arrive Under Poco Branding In India
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Rules That You Need To Follow When Observing A Fast
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Education Karnataka BEd Result 2021 Declared At schooleducation.kar.nic.in
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
Skoda has teased its upcoming SUV Kushaq on its website ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The Skoda Kushaq name was recently unveiled and has been reserved to the production version of the Vision IN concept SUV.
The Kushaq will be the brand's new entry-level mid-size SUV placed below the Karoq in the country. It will be built in India using a modified version of the brand MQB platform called the MQB A0 IN. The new platform is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more cabin space.
Based on what we know so far from its the Vision IN concept, the SUV will feature a rugged design with all-around body cladding. At the front, the brand's signature butterfly grille is flanked on either side by a sleek looking headlamps.
At the rear, the SUV will feature a split-style LED taillamp design. The SKODA lettering will be placed in between the two taillamps spanning across the length of the boot lid. Other exterior features include roof rails, scuff plates at both ends, a blacked-out roof and a chunky looking alloy wheel design.
On the inside, the Kushaq will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature the brand virtual cockpit design with a fully-digital instrument cluster.
Some of the other features that are expected on the Kushaq includes an electric sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless mobile charging and more. Skoda is also expected to pack the new SUV with a host of safety features including a blind-spot monitoring system.
The Skoda Kushaq is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units that are currently powering other models in the brand's line-up. The 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV which will help in pricing the SUV aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Getting Teased On The Website Ahead Of Launch In India
The Skoda Kushaq teaser image confirms a rough timeline of the SUV's launch in the Indian market. It will be an all-new SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. Once launched, the Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and the Nissan Kicks; among others.