- 9 hrs ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 15 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 16 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 17 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- Movies Chitrangda Singh Pays Tribute To The Legendary Milkha Singh On His Demise
- Technology Fathers Day 2021 Gift Ideas Best Truly Wireless Headsets Under Rs. 5,000
- Sports Euro 2020: Portugal 2-4 Germany: Holders score two own goals in thumping defeat
- News People will not tolerate self-centred politics: Uddhav Thackeray slams Congress leaders
- Education Telangana Schools And Colleges To Reopen From July 1, Check Latest Updates
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
Skoda has teased its upcoming SUV Kushaq on its website ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The Skoda Kushaq name was recently unveiled and has been reserved to the production version of the Vision IN concept SUV.
The Kushaq will be the brand's new entry-level mid-size SUV placed below the Karoq in the country. It will be built in India using a modified version of the brand MQB platform called the MQB A0 IN. The new platform is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more cabin space.
Based on what we know so far from its the Vision IN concept, the SUV will feature a rugged design with all-around body cladding. At the front, the brand's signature butterfly grille is flanked on either side by a sleek looking headlamps.
At the rear, the SUV will feature a split-style LED taillamp design. The SKODA lettering will be placed in between the two taillamps spanning across the length of the boot lid. Other exterior features include roof rails, scuff plates at both ends, a blacked-out roof and a chunky looking alloy wheel design.
On the inside, the Kushaq will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature the brand virtual cockpit design with a fully-digital instrument cluster.
Some of the other features that are expected on the Kushaq includes an electric sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless mobile charging and more. Skoda is also expected to pack the new SUV with a host of safety features including a blind-spot monitoring system.
The Skoda Kushaq is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units that are currently powering other models in the brand's line-up. The 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV which will help in pricing the SUV aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Getting Teased On The Website Ahead Of Launch In India
The Skoda Kushaq teaser image confirms a rough timeline of the SUV's launch in the Indian market. It will be an all-new SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. Once launched, the Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and the Nissan Kicks; among others.