- 16 min ago Hyundai Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- 19 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 1 day ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- News Covid-19: India logs 281,860 new infections; Maharashtra sees 974 deaths
- Sports IPL 2021: 38 Australia cricketers including David Warner, Steve Smith, Pat Cummins reach home from Maldives
- Movies Aryan Khan's Picture From Graduation Ceremony Goes Viral; Fans Congratulate Proud Parents SRK & Gauri Khan
- Technology COVID-19 Symptoms Monitoring: Best Smart Bands With Spo2 Monitor To Buy In India
- Finance Should You Invest In Fixed Deposits With Free Life Insurance Benefits?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Earlier this year, Skoda globally unveiled its all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
However, according to a video posted on Youtube, the Kushaq has been spotted testing on the road. As seen in the spy video, the SUV is without any wraps. The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020.
Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome. Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED tail lights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Skoda Kushaq
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. Once launched, the Kushaq SUV will go up against the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and the Tata Harrier in India.