- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Skoda has released images of the production-spec prototype model of their upcoming Kushaq SUV for the Indian market. The Skoda Kushaq is the first model to be part of the brand's MQB-A0-IN platform. The new SUV production model can be seen completely camouflaged, however, revealing a few details.
The new Skoda Kushaq is also the first product to be part of Volkswagen Group's ‘India 2.0' project - the responsibilities for which have been handed over to Skoda Auto for the Indian subcontinent. Skoda has also revealed that the world premiere of the Kushaq SUV will take place in India, sometime in March 2021.
The Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's Vision IN concept, first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The final production-spec SUV seems to have been heavily inspired, retaining the aggressive and sharp body lines, along with the vertical slats on the front grille.
It also features LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, cornering lamps, 5-spoke alloy wheels, LED taillights, roof rails and many other features and elements.
The mid-size SUV comes with a wheelbase of 2651mm, which gives the Kushaq good presence on the road. The large wheelbase also translates to a spacious cabin, allowing five passengers to be seated comfortably.
While the interiors of the SUV are yet to be revealed, Skoda Auto has stated that the Kushaq will feature a host of equipment as standard. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, adjustable steering wheel with mounted control and many others. Apart from this, the SUV will also come packed with a host of safety equipment as well.
Skoda has revealed that the upcoming Kushaq SUV will be offered with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI petrol engines, both of which also powers a number of other models in the Skoda and Volkswagen lineup.
Depending on the engine option, the Skoda Kushaq will also come with multiple transmission options, including a six-speed manual, six-speed torque-converter automatic and a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
The Skoda Kushaq once launched in India, will be sold alongside the brand's Kodiaq and Karoq SUV options. The Kushaq will be positioned in the premium mid-size SUV, allowing it to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, MG Hector, new Jeep Compass, Volkswagen T-Roc and the Hyundai Creta offerings.
Thomas Schäfer, Škoda Auto CEO, said:
"The launch of our new Škoda Kushaq marks the beginning of a new era for Škoda Auto on the Indian subcontinent. It's the region where we oversee all Volkswagen Group activities within the scope of the India 2.0 project.
The KUSHAQ marks the start of a model offensive consisting of four new mid-size ŠKODA and Volkswagen models. All of these vehicles will be based on the MQB-A0-IN variant of the modular transverse matrix, which Škoda Auto has specifically adapted to meet the needs of the Indian market. I'm very confident that this model will appeal to our Indian customers."
Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Škoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited, added:
"The introduction of the all-new Škoda Kushaq is the first of several launches as part of the India 2.0 project. Developed in India with the sophisticated, demanding consumer requirements in mind, the forthcoming launches of models based on the India-specific MQB-A0-IN platform is something we're very proud of."
"The Škoda Kushaq has been built using extensive on-ground intelligence and has been localised to offer tremendous value without any compromise in our legendary quality."
Thoughts On The Skoda Kushaq Production-Spec SUV Images Released
Skoda has finally unveiled the first official images of the production-spec Kushaq SUV. Although camouflaged, the SUV has already created quite a buzz ahead of its world premiere and subsequent launch in the Indian market, later this year.