- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Movies Ekta Kapoor’s Kkusum Starring Nausheen Ali Sardar & Anuj Saxena To Have A Digital Sequel: Report
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Skoda India has unveiled the production name for its upcoming Vision IN SUV in the market. The all-new SUV will be called as Skoda Kushaq. The company will be launching the new SUV sometime in Quarter 2 of 2021 in the country.
The name Kushaq derives its roots from Sanskrit, and the word 'KUSHAK' implies 'KING' or 'EMPEROR'. All Skoda SUVs names start with the letter 'K' and end with the letter 'Q'. This includes the Kodiaq, Karoq, Kamiq and now the Kushaq.
The Kushaq will be the brand's new entry-level mid-size SUV placed below the Karoq in the country. The Kushaq will be using the MQB A0 IN platform that is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more cabin space.
The Skoda Kushaq is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV to help price it aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The Kushaq SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system supporting Android Auto, Apple CarPlay. It is also expected to be offered with the brand's latest iteration of connected technology for added convenience.
Some of the other features that are expected on the Kushaq includes a fully-digital instrument cluster, an electric sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless mobile charging and more. Skoda is also expected to pack the new SUV with a host of safety features including a blind-spot monitoring system.
Zac Hollis, Brand Director - ŠKODA AUTO India said, "The new ŠKODA KUSHAQ will offer a compelling combination of the brand's timeless design ideals, unmatched performance, superior build quality, exemplary value proposition, and enhanced safety and security. It is deemed to be the best seller in its class, setting the benchmark for functionality, practicality, spaciousness, and convenience."
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Name Unveiled For The Upcoming Vision IN SUV
Skoda is all set to increase its product portfolio in the coming months in the Indian market. Due to the increasing trend of SUVs, the company will be launching the new Kushaq in the country. Once launched, the Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and the Nissan Kicks; among others.