- 41 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Sports Swimmers Srihari Nataraj, Maana Patel nominated for Universality places in Tokyo Olympics
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Finance Best Focused Equity Funds For Aggressive Long Term Investors By ICICI Direct
- Movies KRK Will Stop Reviewing If Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Dhawan Star In His Film To ‘Save Bollywood'
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News Baba Ka Dhaba owner’s condition stable, moved out of ICU
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The Skoda Kushaq has been spotted yet again ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The company has posted a few images of the upcoming SUV parked inside a couple of Skoda workshops in India.
The company is all set to launch the Kushaq SUV sometime next month in the country. The images posted by the company reveals that the testing phase of the Kushaq has been completed.
According to the company, the Kushaq SUV has been tested on various terrains to suit all Indian weather and road conditions. This includes high mountain passes, rough and muddy paths, smooth tarmac and bumper-to-bumper city traffic as well.
The images also reveal the mid-spec variants of the Kushaq, which is hoisted on the hydraulic ramp for inspection. This could be soon after the test mule returned from its round of testing on Indian roads. The indication of the mid-spec SUV model is given away by the use of steel wheels with wheel covers.
It is also expected to miss out on several other features such as shark-fin antenna, chrome-finished trims and LED lighting; among others. Some of the interiors features that are expected to be missing from the mid-spec variant of the Kushaq include climate control, wireless smartphone charger, cruise controls, a panoramic sunroof and more.
The images also reveal a couple of Taigun SUVs that are parked next to the Skoda Kushaq in the workshop. The Kushaq and the Taigun are Volkswagen Groups' first models that will be launched under the Indian 2.0 programme.
Both models will be sharing most of the components and features. This includes the tailor-made MQB A0 IN platform to suit Indian buyers in the country. It has increased in length as compared to the globally-proved MQB platform from the brand.
The company has also reduced the profile of the transmission tunnel to provide maximum legroom for the third passenger sitting in the middle of the rear seat. Overall, the Skoda Kushaq and the Volkswagen Taigun will be having a roomier cabin due to the new platform.
Apart from the platform, both the upcoming SUVs in India will also share the powertrain options between them. The Skoda Kushaq will be offered in two engine and transmission options.
This includes the lower-spec 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI producing 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
The SUV will also be offered with the top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI four-cylinder engine that churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque; mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard. The same powertrain options will be present on the Volkswagen Taigun as well.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Mid & Top-Spec Varaints Spotted Ahead Of India Launch Next Month
The Skoda Kushaq will have an upper hand in the Indian market as it will be launched ahead of the Taigun in the country. Apart from the design and features, the mid-spec varaint of the Kushaq might be restricted in terms of engine and transmission options as well. All prices and variants of the Kushaq will be officially revealed next month.