- 5 hrs ago Tata Punch Variants And Colour Options Leaked; Launch Likely To Be On October 4th
- 7 hrs ago New Force Gurkha Prices Revealed; Prices Start From Rs 13.59 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago MG Astor To Be Launched In Early October; Will Be Available In 7 Trim Levels
- 2 days ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Discounts On Smartphones, Laptops, And Accessories
- News China installs new modular container-based accommodations for its troops near LAC in eastern Ladakh
- Movies Anupamaa’s Sudhanshu Pandey Opens Up About His Character In The Show, Says ‘Vanraj Is Not Very Easy To Play’
- Sports IPL 2021, SRH vs RR: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance Hotel Stocks Surged Up To 20% Intra-day On September 27, 2021
- Travel Favourite Tourist Destinations Of Celebs And 5 Things They Always Carry Along While Travelling
- Lifestyle 14 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Ringworm Infection: Garlic, Tea Tree Oil, Salt And More
- Education Rajasthan BSTC Result 2021 Declared For Pre D.El.Ed Exam, Download At predeled.com
Skoda Auto has released the official design sketches of their upcoming mid-size SUV, the Kushaq. The all-new Skoda Kushaq is scheduled to be globally unveiled on the 18 March. Ahead of its world premiere, the official design sketches give us a first glimpse of what the final production-spec SUV could look like.
The skoda Kushaq was unveiled in its concept form as the VISION IN, at the 2020 Auto Expo. The SUV will be the first product from the Skoda-Volkswagen brand to be underpinned by the new India-specific MQB A0 IN platform.
Once launched, the Skoda Kushaq will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier and the Volkswagen T-Roc.
Coming to the design, the sketches showcase the front and rear parts of the SUV, while the interiors are yet to be revealed. The design sketches of the exterior reveal the Kushaq carrying forward the brand's signature front grille, flanked on either side by split headlamps with LED units.
The front bumper also houses a large intake with skid plates below, all of which give it a muscular look to the SUV. This is further enhanced by the flat-bonnet with sharp lines, adding to the aggressive design that the SUV carries all around.
The side and rear profile of the Kushaq also carry forward the same aggressive character with flared wheel arches and a sharp shoulder line extending up to the LED wrap-around taillights.
The SUV also features roof rails and a roof-mounted spoiler at the back with a LED stop lamp. The boot lid comes with the bold ‘SKODA' lettering, while the rear bumper features skid plates, adding a rugged character to an otherwise sporty and sharp-looking SUV.
Skoda is yet to unveil the interiors of the upcoming Kushaq SUV, although we do expect it to come packed with a host of features, equipment and technology. This could include a digital instrument cluster, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and ‘MySkoda' connect tech, ambient lighting, wireless charging and many more.
Skoda has, however, confirmed the powertrain options on the upcoming Kushaq. The new SUV will be offered with a choice of two petrol engines, this includes a 1.0-litre TSI, the same one seen on the Skoda Rapid and a 1.5-litre TSI which powers the Volkswagen T-Roc.
Transmission options will come in the form of a standard six-speed manual, along with the options of either a six-speed torque converter (with the 1.0-litre TSI) or a seven-speed DSG automatic (with the 1.5-litre TSI).
Thoughts On The Skoda Kushaq SUV Coming To India
The Skoda Kushaq is one of the much-anticipated SUVs in the Indian market. Skoda is working on localising the manufacturing of the Kushaq by up to 95 per cent which should allow them to price the SUV extremely competitively in the segment.