- 14 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 20 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets The Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine; Shares The News On Social Media
- Sports West Brom 1-2 Liverpool: Alisson keeps Reds' Champions League hopes alive
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Skoda Auto has released the official design sketches of their upcoming mid-size SUV, the Kushaq. The all-new Skoda Kushaq is scheduled to be globally unveiled on the 18 March. Ahead of its world premiere, the official design sketches give us a first glimpse of what the final production-spec SUV could look like.
The skoda Kushaq was unveiled in its concept form as the VISION IN, at the 2020 Auto Expo. The SUV will be the first product from the Skoda-Volkswagen brand to be underpinned by the new India-specific MQB A0 IN platform.
Once launched, the Skoda Kushaq will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier and the Volkswagen T-Roc.
Coming to the design, the sketches showcase the front and rear parts of the SUV, while the interiors are yet to be revealed. The design sketches of the exterior reveal the Kushaq carrying forward the brand's signature front grille, flanked on either side by split headlamps with LED units.
The front bumper also houses a large intake with skid plates below, all of which give it a muscular look to the SUV. This is further enhanced by the flat-bonnet with sharp lines, adding to the aggressive design that the SUV carries all around.
The side and rear profile of the Kushaq also carry forward the same aggressive character with flared wheel arches and a sharp shoulder line extending up to the LED wrap-around taillights.
The SUV also features roof rails and a roof-mounted spoiler at the back with a LED stop lamp. The boot lid comes with the bold ‘SKODA' lettering, while the rear bumper features skid plates, adding a rugged character to an otherwise sporty and sharp-looking SUV.
Skoda is yet to unveil the interiors of the upcoming Kushaq SUV, although we do expect it to come packed with a host of features, equipment and technology. This could include a digital instrument cluster, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and ‘MySkoda' connect tech, ambient lighting, wireless charging and many more.
Skoda has, however, confirmed the powertrain options on the upcoming Kushaq. The new SUV will be offered with a choice of two petrol engines, this includes a 1.0-litre TSI, the same one seen on the Skoda Rapid and a 1.5-litre TSI which powers the Volkswagen T-Roc.
Transmission options will come in the form of a standard six-speed manual, along with the options of either a six-speed torque converter (with the 1.0-litre TSI) or a seven-speed DSG automatic (with the 1.5-litre TSI).
Thoughts On The Skoda Kushaq SUV Coming To India
The Skoda Kushaq is one of the much-anticipated SUVs in the Indian market. Skoda is working on localising the manufacturing of the Kushaq by up to 95 per cent which should allow them to price the SUV extremely competitively in the segment.