- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Contestant Oshin Patwa Couldn't Answer This Rs 12.5 Lakh Question, Can You?
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs RR: Royals drop Rahul thrice as Punjab skipper becomes second fastest to 3000 IPL runs
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Skoda will be launching a new automatic variant of the Kushaq Active variant soon in India. A leaked government document reveals the base-spec Active variant of the Kushaq registered with an automatic transmission.
Currently, the Active variant is offered with a 1.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine paired with a six-speed manual as standard. However, the company might soon launch the Active variant with an optional 6-speed torque converter automatic.
The new variant will serve as an entry point into the Kushaq's automatic line-up. It will cater to customers looking for the convenience of an automatic transmission on the base model of the SUV.
Skoda is offering the Kushaq in three variants, two engine options and three transmission options. Three variants include Active, Ambition and Style. Regarding engine and transmission options and performance, the Kushaq is offered in two turbo-petrol engine options.
1.5-litre four-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
- Max power: 148bhp @ 6,000rpm
- Peak torque: 250Nm @ 3,500rpm
- Max power: 108bhp @ 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 175Nm @ 1,750rpm
- Skoda's butterfly grille
- Halogen headlamps
- LED taillamps
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Black roof rails
- Faux skid plates
- Integrated roof spoiler
- Height adjustable driver seat
- Front centre armrest
- 2-spoke steering wheel
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Paddle shifters
- 7-inch infotainment system
- Apple Car Play & Android Auto
- 6-speaker audio
- Manual AC
- Rear AC vents
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS + EBD
- Multi Collision Braking
- Electronic differential lock
- Traction control
- Rear parking sensors
- Roll Over Protection (RPO)
1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
The 1.5-litre TSI engine come paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG transmission. While the 1.0-litre unit comes paired to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 1.0-litre engine with 6-speed AT is currently offered in the Ambition and Style variants. The AT in both variants costs Rs 1.2 lakh more than the respective manual transmission-equipped models. As a result, the Skoda Kushaq Active AT could be priced similarly at around Rs 11.69 lakh, ex-showroom.
Other features and equipment levels are expected to remain the same as the Active manual variant. Exterior features include:
Regarding exterior features, the Active variant comes with a basic feature list. This includes:
However, Skoda has not compromised on the safety features of the Kushaq Active. The base variant features a ton of equipment including dual airbags at the front.
The company also recently announced the start of deliveries for the top Kushaq 1.5-litre variant in India. Bookings for the 1.5-litre engine variant of the SUV began at the time of launch. Now, the company have begun deliveries of the top-spec Kushaq Style variant — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Active Automatic Launch Soon
While the buzz on the launch of the Kushaq is still going on in India, the company is looking to carry the momentum with the announcement of the new base-spec automatic variant of the SUV. Customers looking for the convenience of an automatic transmission and not ready to shell out more will certainly be looking at the upcoming Skoda Kushaq Active AT variant.
The Kushaq is turning out to be a successful model for Skoda meaning the India 2.0 strategy seems to be working for the brand. With the demand for SUVs and turbo-petrol engines with automatic gearbox increasing, the Kushaq is expected to achieve higher milestones in sales for the brand.