- 26 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
The 1.5-liter variant of Skoda Kushaq may get more affordable, as Skoda is planning to offer the more powerful engine in the mid-pec 'Ambition' trim.
As of now, the 1.5-liter turbo-petrol engine was only offered in the top-spec ‘Style' trim of the Skoda Kushaq. However, a recent RTO document has revealed that the Czech automobile manufacturer could offer the more powerful 1.5-liter engine on the mid-spec trim level.
As per Skoda, the mid-spec Ambition trim is only offered with one engine and two gearbox options. The 115PS 1.0-litre TSI engine can be paired with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Priced from Rs 16.20 lakh to Rs 17.60 lakh, the top-spec Style trim with its 1.5-liter turbocharged petrol engine is significantly more expensive than the mid-spec Ambition trim that is priced between Rs 12.80 lakh to Rs 14.20 lakh.
This rather large price gap creates an opportunity to add an additional variant to reduce the gap between the mid-spec Ambition trim and the top-spec Style trim.
According to various sources and leaked RTO documents, we suspect Skoda to introduce the 1.5-liter engine in the mid-spec Ambition trim level with a price tag ranging from Rs 15.10 lakh to Rs 16.20 lakh.
This will make the Skoda Kushaq Ambition trim with a 1.5-liter turbocharged petrol engine a good buy. For this price potential buyers will still get all the necessary goodies like the LED headlamps, front fog lamps with cornering function, paddle shifters (automatic variant), a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, automatic Climate Control system, and cruise control.
However, compared to the top-spec Style trim, the mid-spec Ambition trim does miss out on a few things like the electric sunroof, wireless charging, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), push-button engine start, and the six airbags.
The Ambition variant of the SUV misses out on the 4 of the 6 airbags offered on the top-spec trim. However, it will still be one of the safest choices in its segment with necessary safety features such as dual front airbags, electronic stability control, hill hold control, traction control, electronic differential locking, and a rear parking camera.
Nonetheless, the new variant will not only close the large price gap between the top-spec Style trim and mid-spec Ambition trim, but it can also help more customers access the more powerful engine.
With the new Skoda Kushaq, Skoda has not only entered one of the hottest and most competitive segments in India but has offered Indian consumers a taste of solid German (Skoda is owned by Volkswagen) build quality in a segment long dominated by the Koreans.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq 1.5-Litre Engine Ambition Variant To Launching Soon
The new 1.5-liter engine on the mid-spec trim of the Skoda Kushaq will give customers more freedom of options and will help Skoda gain the much-required momentum for brand expansion.
Apart from this, it will also be easier for showroom sales executives to close the deal on Skoda Kushaq, thus improving the sales numbers for Skoda.