- 8 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 9 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Czech carmaker Skoda has started local production of the facelifted Kodiaq SUV in India at its factory near Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The facelifted Skoda Kodiaq is expected to arrive on Indian roads in January 2022.
The facelifted Skoda Kodiaq comes with a few subtle but noticeable changes to the exterior. Viewed from the front, the facelifted Skoda Kodiaq SUV sports a new blacked-out and more upright version of the company's butterfly grille.
The revised fascia of the Kodiaq SUV also sports a sleeker set of headlights, revised front and rear bumpers, a new set of blacked-out alloy wheels and a new rear spoiler mounted on the roof. The insides are mostly unchanged and feature a large infotainment display with support for both Android Auto and AppleCarPlay.
Speaking about the new Skoda Kodiaq, Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India said, "The new Kodaiq is part of the overall SUV offensive of the Group in India. With the start of production at our world-class facility in Aurangabad, we add yet another product that provides the Indian customer with the best of technology, safety and comfort. The new Kodiaq will appeal to the ever-growing tribe of Indian customers looking for a large, luxurious SUV, suited for city and weekend drives. We are confident that the new Kodiaq will set benchmarks in the premium luxury segment and carry forward the momentum of our growth strategy in India".
Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, said: "The new Kodiaq is the second SUV to be introduced in India this year by Skoda (after the Kushaq). We believe that the offerings of the new Kodiaq will lead connoisseurs of design and aesthetics to appreciate the SUV even more. Over the years, the resounding success of the Kodiaq has only fuelled augmentations in line with our ethos that power should be beautiful. The new Kodiaq further drives home our vision to provide our customers in India a complete product portfolio".
The facelifted Skoda Kodiaq will arrive with a new engine under its bonnet. The original Kodiaq, which was launched in 2017 in India featured a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine that produced 148bhp and 340Nm of torque. The facelifted Skoda Kodiaq, like other VW group cars and SUVs in India, has ditched the diesel powerplant for a turbocharged petrol engine.
The 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine found under the bonnet of the new Skoda Kodiaq produces 187bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is compliant with the new BS VI emission norms introduced in April 2020. The new petrol engine produces more power (39bhp)but slightly less torque (20Nm) compared to its diesel predecessor.
Like before the old Kodiaq, the facelifted version of the SUV will sport a 7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The facelifted SUV is also expected to feature an all-wheel drive version for the first time in India.
Thoughts On the facelifted Skoda Kodiaq SUV
The facelifted Skoda Kodiaq brings a bunch of subtle tweaks that refresh the design of the SUV which increase its aerodynamic efficiency. The biggest change on the facelifted Skoda Kodiaq is found under the hood in the form of the new petrol powerplant. With the return of the Kodiaq, Skoda now has a big SUV to keep customers looking for a big family runabout happy.