- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Finance TDS On FD: Why It Is The Right Time To Submit Form 15G/15H?
- Lifestyle Major Teaser Launch: Sobhita Dhulipala Stuns With Her Vintage Floral Saree Look
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Movies Ashutosh Rana Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Taking First Dose Of Vaccine
- News 10 states account for 82% of COVID-19 cases
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Skoda recently unveiled the all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
When launched, the new Skoda Kushaq will initially be offered in three variants: Active, Ambition, and Style. However, the company also hinted that it could launch a new top-spec Monte Carlo variant post the launch of the Kushaq in India. The top-spec edition will get all the missing features that are not there on the other variants.
The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome. Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED tail lights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
On the inside, the Skoda Kushaq can be seen with a unique two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls. The SUV also comes with leather-wrapped seats, along with soft-touch materials giving it a premium feel all around. The cabin also offers plenty of space, thanks to the segment-largest wheelbase of 2651mm.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
In terms of safety, the SUV comes with hill-hold assist, six airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, multi-collision brake, TPMS, rear parking sensors, rearview camera and ISOFIX child seat anchorages and plenty more.
Thoughts On The All-New Skoda Kushaq
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. The SUV will be positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector & the Tata Harrier.