- 1 hr ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 19 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 22 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Launching On August 15 — Most-Awaited EV Launch To Happen On Independence Day
- Finance E-Way Generation To Be Blocked From August 15 For Return Non-Filers: GSTN
- Technology Honor Earbuds 2 Lite Launched As Rebranded Honor Earbuds 2 SE; Features, Price
- News Opposition will keep fighting to raise people's issues including Pegasus matter: Mallikarjuna Kharge
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT EXCLUSIVE! Kumkum Bhagya’s Casting Director Shadman Khan To Participate In Karan Johar’s Show?
- Education KSET Answer Key 2021 Released, Raise Objections Before August 23
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Golf: Aditi in contention for podium finish after blemish-free second round
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
Skoda recently unveiled the all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
When launched, the new Skoda Kushaq will initially be offered in three variants: Active, Ambition, and Style. However, the company also hinted that it could launch a new top-spec Monte Carlo variant post the launch of the Kushaq in India. The top-spec edition will get all the missing features that are not there on the other variants.
The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome. Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED tail lights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
On the inside, the Skoda Kushaq can be seen with a unique two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls. The SUV also comes with leather-wrapped seats, along with soft-touch materials giving it a premium feel all around. The cabin also offers plenty of space, thanks to the segment-largest wheelbase of 2651mm.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
In terms of safety, the SUV comes with hill-hold assist, six airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, multi-collision brake, TPMS, rear parking sensors, rearview camera and ISOFIX child seat anchorages and plenty more.
Thoughts On The All-New Skoda Kushaq
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. The SUV will be positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector & the Tata Harrier.