- Sports Will India tour South Africa after Covid-19 Omicron virus hit the country? BCCI answers
- News Bihar panchayat election result: A man contests and wins the poll after death, result to be nullified
- Movies Bigg Boss 5 Tamil Elimination This Week: Iykki Berry Gets Evicted!
- Education Tripura TET 2021 Answer Key Released At trb.tripura.gov.in, Here’s How To Download
- Finance Do all Jewellers in India do Hallmark of Gold? Is hallmarking of Gold Important?
- Lifestyle Your Traditional Outfits Sorted Ft. Mahima Makwana, Bhumi Pednekar, And Chitrangda Singh
- Technology Vivo Watch 2 Features, Design Tipped Via Leaked Renders; How’s It Different From Original?
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Bhopal
Indian motorcycle manufacturer Royal Enfield has revealed the SG650 concept at EICMA 2021 The Royal Enfield SG650 has been created to show the direction in which the brand is heading in the future as it celebrates 120 years of existence.
The SG650 concept previews Royal Enfield's 650cc bobber motorcycle. The company recently trademarked the Shotgun name and the new bobber motorcycle is expected to wear this name when it arrives in production guise sometime next year.
The SG650 concept is powered by Royal Enfield's 648cc parallel-twin engine. In the Interceptor and the Continental GT, this produces 47bhp at 7,150rpm and 52Nm of peak torque at 5,250rpm. The engine is paired to a six-speed transmission.
The SG650 also sports the dual-cradle frame found on the Interceptor and Continental GT. However, unlike any other Royal Enfield to date, the SG650 sports inverted front forks. However, the rear suspension setup is the same trusty old twin shock system.
The SG650 concept sports large disc brakes on either end and while the company hasn't revealed any details about them, we expect the production bike to sport a setup similar to the ones on the Continental GT 650 and Interceptor. The two bikes sport a 320mm disc on the front wheel while the rear sports a 240mm unit. The production version of SG650 is expected to feature dual-channel ABS to help with the braking duties.
In terms of design, Royal Enfield claims that the SG650 concept motorcycle is a blend of the company's current design philosophy and its hopes for the future. The mudguards drape over the rather snazzy alloy wheels and the rear unit looks almost ornamental. The headlamp sports a bikini-style fairing and the front indicator stalks jut out of either side of the headlight. The concept SG650 from Royal Enfield sports a rather large raised handlebar with rearview mirrors hanging underneath each end.
The SG650 also sports a teardrop-shaped fuel tank which is precisely machined from a solid billet of aluminium using a CNC machine. The front end of the bike up till the end section of the fuel tank features a chrome finish.
From the end section of the fuel tank onwards the bike is fully blacked out. The same treatment has been given to the SG650's parallel-twin engine and dual exhausts. The bike also features electric blue highlights for the Royal Enfield logo, on the wheels and on the 'twin' section of the name badge sitting underneath the seat. The single-seat is a handmade unit that pays homage to the company's past.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield SG650 Concept
The SG650 concept is a look into the future of Royal Enfiled. The concept bike previews a bobber-style motorcycle that is expected to bear the Shotgun name when it arrives sometime next year. If this is the future of Royal Enfield, then we are more than ready to cheer it on.