- Sports India vs New Zealand: Just look to enjoy my cricket rather than thinking about being lead spinner: Axar Patel
- Education Tripura TET 2021 Answer Key Released At trb.tripura.gov.in, Here’s How To Download
- News BJP has transformed into Beijing Janata Party: Mallikarjun Kharge
- Finance Do all Jewellers in India do Hallmark of Gold? Is hallmarking of Gold Important?
- Lifestyle Your Traditional Outfits Sorted Ft. Mahima Makwana, Bhumi Pednekar, And Chitrangda Singh
- Movies Exclusive! Kumkum Bhagya Star Pooja Banerjee: I Did Three Dance Sequences During My Pregnancy
- Technology Vivo Watch 2 Features, Design Tipped Via Leaked Renders; How’s It Different From Original?
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Bhopal
REVOS introduces BOLT IoT-enabled charging points in India and according to the USV backed Indian startup company, BOLT is the country's first and largest peer-to-peer EV charging network. Apart from that, the startup company claims that the BOLT is India's easiest and most affordable EV charging point.
Moreover, REVOS also claims that the BOLT is the country's first dedicated network of IoT-enabled EV charging points connecting riders across the country.
However, this is just the launch price and will be valid till the end of December this year.
"The transition to electric mobility is extremely important for decarbonising the transport sector and building a greener earth for future generations. A robust and pervasive charging infrastructure is key for rapid adoption of EVs in India. The PCO box revolutionised the telecom industry by making it available to the masses.
BOLT is aiming to do the same for the EV industry by being ubiquitous; just like the yellow phone box, we envisage the green BOLT charging points in every nook & comer of the country. We are bullish about BOLT and its possibilities in making EVs smart, safe, connected and ready for the future." Said Mohit Yadav, Cofounder, REVOS.
REVOS says that anyone can buy and install BOLT charging infrastructure and earn a parallel income from the charging point. According to REVOS, the BOLT charging point can be installed in shops, garages or parking spaces.
The BOLT charging system also comes with an energy calculator to monitor power consumption and BOLT owners can also switch between ‘Public' and ‘Private' modes.
In Private mode, the installed BOLT charging point becomes reserved for the owner of the BOLT charging point and others cannot use it.
As part of the launch phase, REVOS has already installed thousands of BOLT chargers across 60 different Indian cities with a total capacity of over 3,600 KW.
However, these systems are yet to be opened to the public and are marked as ‘Private'.
BOLT also comes with its own operating system and claims that it can convert any EV into a smart EV. This enables the EV riders to access features such as accident detection, SOS technology, navigation and notification alerts on the EV itself.
Apart from that, it also comes with very useful features such as Over The Air (OTA) updates anti-theft locking and find-my-bike tracking.
Thoughts About BOLT Charging Points
EVs are definitely the future of mobility and one of the major drawbacks for EVs in India has been the charging infrastructure.
If REVOS achieves its target of setting up a million chargers within two years, it could help in EV revolution in India.